OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Anyone Watches Youtube Gardening Videos?

I have been stuck most of my time watching https://www.youtube.com/user/growingyourgreens
also ive been watching
https://www.youtube.com/user/Praxxus55712
But I want to see if anyone else has any good recomendations on other videos

john gault
Green Thumb

When you get sick of them, then you can start watching the composting videos :D

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

That's funny, do I watch garden videos? LOL

That is my fav way to learn. I look up a topic on youtube and watch everything I can. Than you put all those different techniques into your own style. Cause no 2 gardeners are the same.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Nope, none. I'm old school, more a print person than a video person.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

There's a guy from Louisiana that has a bunch of videos that go by the name "Bayou Gardener" and his videos can be pretty informative. He lives in Avoyelles Parish near where my late father-in-law lived in central La.

He gardens on a large scale and uses a lot of equipment that the average home gardener won't use or doesn't need, but he seems like a "good ol' boy" at heart and covers a lot of aspects of gardening from seed starting to canning and all points between.

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Yea I'm mixing the youtube ideas and the knoledge I get here in this website to get most of my gardening, but the thing is in the Youtube they do more of variety but some things I don't see I have to ask in here for an even more direct answer.

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

gumbo2176 wrote:There's a guy from Louisiana that has a bunch of videos that go by the name "Bayou Gardener" and his videos can be pretty informative. He lives in Avoyelles Parish near where my late father-in-law lived in central La.

He gardens on a large scale and uses a lot of equipment that the average home gardener won't use or doesn't need, but he seems like a "good ol' boy" at heart and covers a lot of aspects of gardening from seed starting to canning and all points between.

I have heard of him I subscribe to this guys videos. He knows a lot of stuff.

dustyrivergardens
Green Thumb

Lol I do look at a lot of those vidios I do like growing your greens he is really good actually. I like the bayou gardener as well and there are others that are really good.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

You have to be careful with Youtube. You are only two clicks away from the weird side. :lol:

I must admit, time gets away from me on Youtube. I like Will Allen, "Growing Power." Dick Strawbridge, his farm and Planet Mechanic.

Many topics, greenhouses, Aquaponics, solar, wind, wood fired boilers, waste oil burners, etc..................

Eric
Last edited by DoubleDogFarm on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Growing Your Greens is an awesome informative person but Ray at Praxxus actually responsive, he will replay to your questions comments and even help you out with seeds if he has any.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I love Will Allen! Haven't seen his you-tube stuff, but I heard him speak in person. In person he is awesome, ideas just fly off him like sparks off a sparkler! And then we added a fish tank, and why couldn't you make a greenhouse five stories tall and... and...

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Reading some post I must say that YouTube can be rather scary at times. I do watch them them but a lot of the times I do not agree with the poster. But than again I may see where they are going and get another idea from theirs. That is what the whole WWW is all about. Exchanging ideas. Wheter it be on a forum, a book on .pdf, a YouTube vid etc.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

I've seen so much random, off-the-wall, out-and-out junk on YouTube that I no longer watch videos posted there unless someone *reliable* recommends a *specific* one. So much absolute trash about subjects I happen to know something about is posted that I know I'd end up talking to the room, the dog, and the cats about idiots on the Net....so, no, I don't watch gardening videos on YouTube.

Nor most quilting videos. Nor crocheting videos. Nor knitting videos. Nor organizing videos, videos on grooming dogs, cats, or any other topic in which I have an expertise.

There's just not enough time in my day to do stuff like that.

Cynthia H., who doesn't care about looking like a snob when it comes to YouTube

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

rainbowgardener wrote:I love Will Allen! Haven't seen his you-tube stuff, but I heard him speak in person. In person he is awesome, ideas just fly off him like sparks off a sparkler! And then we added a fish tank, and why couldn't you make a greenhouse five stories tall and... and...
Yes, and, and...

I don't really now his professional sports background, I think it was football. I like that he has taken some of the money and given back.

Eric

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Yes, what he's doing is all about giving back. It's not just about gardening, it's about feeding people and creating community. He is about taking urban vacant lots and turning them into community gardens that create food and sharing and bonds amongst people. The speech I was at, one African-American boy in the Q&A period said in his very urban neighborhood they were trying to create a community garden, but their produce kept being stolen/vandalized. WA's response was to watch for who was doing it and try to involve them in the garden, give them a stake in it, then they wouldn't want to vandalize it, because it would be theirs too. I loved him for that!

But in the meantime he is developing tons of innovative ideas for how to do self sustaining organic almost permaculture type gardening in little bits of waste urban space.

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Wow such a great guy I wish ontario Cal had a big space to plant or even create a community garden, I went and research yesterday on that, as for ontario is expanding and been more open minden on getting ideas to create a better community I went out of my way yesterday and demanded to start something small like a seed bank by the community, they said they made a space on a schedule till next year in march to start one at the library, how amazing, I will be there to donate some seeds and trade, I'm gong to start letting people know thru the citys community magazine

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”