YoungBuck

Cheapo Rez Disinfectant...Can It Save The Baby Maters?

Ok so I bought some calcium hypochlorite, hth pool shock, to make a resevoir disinfectant and pythium preventative. I did this out of necessity because the cutting I have in the Ez CLoner have definite signs of root rot, slimy gooey smelly brown gunk. Tonight I mixed in the disinfectant, at a safe level for the babies of course, and am hoping that this will be the end of my worries, Momma is at the end of her road and I'm hoping to get a last crop before it gets too cold. If I cut the affected parts off and changed the water to the clean water with the disinfectant, will they continue to rot or am I looking at roots soon? Somebody give me insight please or tell me straight if I'll have to totally disinfect and make another go at it....

hydroguy

It's an uphill battle your facing for sure. Do some reseearch on hydrogen peroxide. It can be an indoor gardners best friend.

Hydroguy

YoungBuck

Thank you, I have done some research and heard that it must be reapplied at a higher rate than the pool shock, and can get quite pricey...So far though no other parts have gone slimey and it smells nice and fresh. If the pool shock ends up failing(which I highly doubt it won't) I will for sure give teh H2O2 a shot.

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”