Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

2 1/2 Men

We were fans. No more. I agree with Charlie Sheen. Producer Chuck Lorre IS a nitwit. The show should have tossed Sheen in rehab and fired Lorre. I love Ashton Cutcher but I haven't laughed yet. Taking it off my record list. I wont make it through the season.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Never watched the show because I never liked Sheen! The last show I liked was Cheers and I watch very little shows of that type. The humor of even Sat night live is discusting and not funny to me. I watch sci fi and and old westerns! I watch fox news alot and how its made is very interesting! The Sheens of the world should have been in jail a long time ago and are a bad influence on the kids! People who comit felonies should be taken out of the public eye forever even not allowed into sports!

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

Charlie MV, We "used" to enjoy two and a half men too, but not anymore. They could have gone in lots of directions, with the ending from season 8. But they blew it. Ashton Kutchner just doesn't cut it in that show. I really can't see the show lasting very many more shows. I totally agree, they should have fired Chuck Lorre.

A shame, but I really do like the other actors. They are the ones that will suffer in all of this. Coming off our to watch list too.

Guess we'll stay with THE BIG BANG THEORY. At least it's funny.

pickupguy07

Just to throw out another TV show...
I wated the one hour premier of "Last Man Standing" last night. (with Tim Allen)
Seemed to be a good and entertaining show.
I found it funny when the writers wrote on of Tim's first lines as "I'm baacckkk"
Picked up a few items that remnded you of Home Improvement, and also a little of when he as a voise for that animated Christmas move.
The show was good, and it had enough "other stuff to keep you alert so you could catch what "old" tie-ins the writers threw in.
Gonna be a good show IMO

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

TY Pickup guy, I loved Home Improvement and will record Last Man on Friday repeat.

I went back and recorded syndicated 2 1/2 men from the start. It was much funnier and less vulgar. We added onto my MIL's house and moved in to take care of her before she died. During the 6 months prior to our new addition being completed we watched the show with her. She was 90 and loved it. We were all embarrassed watching together but when we finally moved into our addition we could hear her laughing at the show.

She loved it when Jake farted. The hardest I ever saw her laugh was when the squirt mustard jar was near empty and would make those noises. She would cover her mouth and giggle at the dinner table.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I don't like people who are greedy and abuse power over others. Sheen is that guy and a very bad example for everyone! There are many people who enjoyed the show but the show stretched what can be shown on tv all the time rom what I read! TV has gotten out of control on what they show to the average family and tv does mold the young adults!

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

Bobberman, I do have to agree with you. T.V. has gotten out of control, too many shows, SHOW way too much!!! Doesn't anyone believe in usuing their Imagination anymore??? You don't have to show so much!

Got a real kick out of that Irish farmer, that kicked Rhinna? ( can't remember her whole name!) off his property for displaying WAY too much!!! FINALLY someone with morals!! Yay for him. :wink:

DeborahL
Green Thumb

So I'm not the only one-I liked "Men" too, but then it got so vulgar it was just gross.
I do think however that Sheen should be reimbursing everyone on the show for time lost at work.
I don't think rehab will save him. He's in self- destruct mode permanently.
Like me with my smoking-there is no hope whatsoever.

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

DeborahL..........I agree with you on compensating the other actors. That just wasn't right. Too bad they wouldn't drop the vulgarity, and Ashten Kutchner, carry on with the others. They could carry that show without Charlie or Ashten. Kutchner is acting like he is back on the 70's show.

They should get him off and cut WAYYYYYYYYYYYY back on the crudeness, now. Or that show is going to fold real quick. :roll:

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I watched the first show with Kutchner and thought it was as bad as saturday night live with its ignorent stuff! I will not watch that show much since I don't like sitcoms! I have been watching every night the old westerns like Wagon Train and Gun Smoke. Even in black and white they are better than most stuff on now! You get a good feeling about life when you watch a good western even like House on the prarie! Too many murder shows on also! Even a repeat Star trek is better than most shows now! Great acting on all the star treks!

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

I have to agree the old westerns are good, shows now are all about being killed, haunted or whatever has the most sex or blood and gore.

We do enjoy sitcoms, and longer shows, we're finding we are watching more of the old shows too, plus dvd's that were classic's we bought. Sad they can't find anything much to make into shows anymore. They re-make old movies and spoil them completely, by usuing new younger actors. Who can compete with John Wayne, and Katherine Hepburn, in movies they made? Same as the Thomas Crown Affair with Steve McQueen in it. Re-makes are pathetic, as far as I am concerned! :(

DeborahL
Green Thumb

Green Mantis, I agree too about just leaving the rest of the cast as is instead of replacing Sheen.
They could have a great show with the housekeeper alone ! She's a crack up.
Even I can see all kinds of great scripts just with the rest of the cast.

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Charlie MV wrote:We were fans. No more. I agree with Charlie Sheen. Producer Chuck Lorre IS a nitwit. The show should have tossed Sheen in rehab and fired Lorre. I love Ashton Cutcher but I haven't laughed yet. Taking it off my record list. I wont make it through the season.

nuff said

Susan W
Greener Thumb

I haven't had TV in over 2 yrs, and to tell you, not missing it! I am to get one from the kids sometime, and would be good as dark comes earlier.

Anyway 2 1/2 men the few times I watched was so lame. 2 guys, fat kid, and every episode had smart mouth guys and fat kid eating. Excuse me?! I don't want moral and goodie, but this was just, well, lame.

Runningtrails

I thought it was vulgar too. Some things were funny and I liked Rose, Evelyn and Jake. I didn't think Charlie should be on TV at all and couldn't stand Alan - such a whiner! Now it's just stupid. Not my favouite sitcom.

Now, WKRP and Designing Women! Those were funny!
Why can we not see those two in syndication?

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”