PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

Miracle gro garden soil not organic?

Hi,

I read off home depots website that these bags are not organic. Do they add chemicals too it? The ingredients say, forest materials, sphagnum peat moss, and manure. I was under the impression it was organic, it says organic materials, but also says not organic when you look at specifications.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

PunkRotten wrote:Hi,

I read off home depots website that these bags are not organic. Do they add chemicals too it? The ingredients say, forest materials, sphagnum peat moss, and manure. I was under the impression it was organic, it says organic materials, but also says not organic when you look at specifications.

I was at Home Depot the other day picking up some potting soil for my fall seed starting and saw 100% Organic Potting Soil. For only $21.95 a 40 lb. bag, it was a steal------------as in they'd have to put a gun to my back to get me to pay that much for what is basically dirt.

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

I just started up a compost bin and hopefully by spring I will have enough compost to use where I don't have to buy bags. At Home Depot they were selling bags of Earth Gro manure for I tihnk $0.83 a bag. I went over there to look at some of them had rips or holes into them, don't know if other people did this. But anyway I was looking at it and it looked so poor I can see why they are selling that cheap.

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”