3 Pound Tomato
Cool Member

The Big Beefsteak

Here is the 1st big tomato of the season. It's been so dry, I'm surprised it did this well.

[img]https://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z134/Horney_Toad/1st-tomato.jpg[/img]

webmaster
Site Admin

Ah... that's a beauty. How big is it?

3 Pound Tomato
Cool Member

Probably a couple of pounds. I ate it before I thought about weighing it! lol :lol:

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

My biggest are the brandy wine about 1 pound! They have a very good taste!

2cents
Green Thumb

neighbor gave me a 1lb 9oz Beef Master(not his biggest)
It is a big one, and tops the chart in flavor

gardenbean

:shock: Wow! that's a great looking tomato you got there. How does it taste?

3 Pound Tomato
Cool Member

[quote="gardenbean"]:shock: Wow! that's a great looking tomato you got there. How does it taste?[/quote]

It was good and juicy. I saved the seeds for next year.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I bet it tastes as good as it looks.

Have you ever noticed during the dry season vegatables and fruit all have a much better flavor. During the wet season fruit and vegatables are all watery with less flavor.

We had a month of very not dry weather 100 degrees with no rain but now that my tomatoes are getting ripe we have been having flash floods about every 6 days. My tomatoes are a little bit short on flavor.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

webmaster wrote:Ah... that's a beauty. How big is it?
More importantly what variety is it? :hide:

That's a big'un an so pretty to boot. I had my share of monsters around that size but I think you got me on this one.

Dono

by the way welcome to the forum. :D

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Here is one of mine I took a pic of
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/Gardening/DSC05345.jpg[/img]

This is a bradywine Sudduth they all cam out about this big.

barnercora

3 Pound Tomato wrote:Probably a couple of pounds. I ate it before I thought about weighing it! lol :lol:

LOL, I wouldn't even think of weighing it if any of my tomato plants would produce same size of that :shock: :D :D I would just be so proud of it.

3 Pound Tomato
Cool Member

[quote="gixxerific"][quote="webmaster"]Ah... that's a beauty. How big is it?[/quote]

More importantly what variety is it? :hide:

That's a big'un an so pretty to boot. I had my share of monsters around that size but I think you got me on this one.

Dono

by the way welcome to the forum. :D[/quote]

I just know them as a Beefsteak. Those seeds have been our family for generations, and we plant them year after year. They get big and taste good. The only problem with them is a lot of them will grow gnarly. We have grown them even bigger. My Grandma used to grow some monsters!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Well I would love some Seeds if they are heirloom. In am trade as well.

mattie g
Green Thumb

Really pretty mater!

Last week, I harvested a heart-shaped Pink Brandywine that was upwards of 1 1/2 pounds. I proudly presented it at a family get-together this weekend, then handed it over to my parents for their enjoyment!

rryybass
Newly Registered

Help please does anyone know how big this type grow to. I found the seeds in a packet which I brought 6 years ago, and to my astonishment they have all grown, the thing is every single vine has and average of 15 tomatos on it, and although they are not ripening yet, they are still getting big, can anyone please help me with this. thank you.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

rryybass wrote:Help please does anyone know how big this type grow to. I found the seeds in a packet which I brought 6 years ago, and to my astonishment they have all grown, the thing is every single vine has and average of 15 tomatos on it, and although they are not ripening yet, they are still getting big, can anyone please help me with this. thank you.
Not sure but here is a link to Tatinas tomato base which has several under that name not sure which one you have.

https://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/w/index.php?search=marmande&ns0=1&title=Special%3ASearch&fulltext=Search&fulltext=Search

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”