Greetings from Oregon, the 'shower me' state. My wife and I have been living in a small house in western Oregon for several years now. The first year I took to pruning and cutting back some shubs around the perimeter of the house. A few days later I began to blister on my legs and thighs. Progressing rapidly, covering both legs I went to the clinic and got a shot of corticosteroid and the blistering ceased. Since that time this injection is no longer available owing to a malpractice lawsuit in this area.
So I'm faced with having to identify these shrubs, then, testing each to see if I react, then having the offending shrub removed.
I've been to the public library and looked over various books and catalogues but I just am doubtful to my identification skill.
The following are photos I've taken around the house and I'm hopeful that I can get these nailed down so I can move forward. Please be mindful that I'm a novice at identifying flora of these types so I appreciate your patience.
1. (perhaps Abelia Grandiflora?)[img]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6011/5951835692_38a68c31d2.jpg[/img]
1a. (close up) [img]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6016/5951831716_61cca1dd40.jpg[/img]
2. weigela? [img]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6131/5951257221_ed5e67f511.jpg[/img]
2a. weigela? (close up) [img]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6145/5951252529_b78cbe92a4.jpg[/img]
3a. (close up) [img]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6129/5951244361_e0b82b1505.jpg[/img]
4a. (close up) [img]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6142/5951790026_09b4e24968.jpg[/img]
5. NANDINA [img]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6005/5951230581_dd2c103e2f.jpg[/img]
5a. NANDINA (close up) [img]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5951780764_b8d554954b.jpg[/img]
6a. (close up) [img]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6124/5951217859_aee79ff901.jpg[/img]
7a. (close up) [img]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6020/5951206877_9176f7c964.jpg[/img]
8a. (close up) [img]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6150/5951197157_32a9b1b4e1.jpg[/img]
9. (Hydrangea? or Viburnum Carlcephalum?) [img]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6005/5951745318_6e848b93e8.jpg[/img]
11. (I think these are rhododenderons)[img]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6142/5951737026_f72568bd73.jpg[/img]
11a (these too?) [img]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6140/5951733016_c54b8e5925.jpg[/img]
11b. (close up) [img]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6143/5951174229_fe0e81a4d8.jpg[/img]
13. (a mixed bag, I think I spot a rhodie, a Chosiya Ternata and perhaps a maple) [img]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6013/5951131425_14876b4462.jpg[/img]
14. (boxwood? or Leucothoe Fontaneiana?) [img]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6024/5951127385_0073d25737.jpg[/img]
15. AZALEA [img]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6149/5951679128_76f79aabde.jpg[/img]
16. (this monstrosity is some form of juniper, I think) [img]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6123/5951675266_f7c11dd7dd.jpg[/img]
16a. (close up) [img]https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6021/5951671156_2d9e737f86.jpg[/img]
I know this is a mighty tall order and I would greatly appreciate any help you kind folks can afford.
Thanks and a lift of the lynch lid.