divya77
Newly Registered

my fuschia not doing good

Hello everyone...........I bought a fuschia plant in a hanging basket last month. it was doing ok with many flowers , though not too bushy. 2 weeks back I took it off the hook and plucked away the dead flowers and fruits.

hen I did not hang it, but let it stand on a table in my balcony. now I see the plant has become thinner wid lesser leaves and flowers. though I can see the flower blooms also. I also find in 2-3 leaves and flowers brown blotches. what could be the problem?? please help. :(

divya77
Newly Registered

Also I do not fertilize it bcoz I think these plants in shopping stores are supplied with slow release fertilizers. I water the plant every 3rd day. my balcony is east facing.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I'm not sure about fuchsias. I had poor luck with one and was advised here to water it twice a day. I did that, and the plant perked up, but it was such a bother to take care of it that I've never bought another. :?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Fuschias like to stay evenly moist, never drying out and never being too wet, and they like bright indirect light, but NO direct sun. The best luck I ever had with one was one I brought in for the winter and hung in my bathroom. The indirect light from frosted window and the humidity from showers were great for it. It would respond well to being misted or having a humidity tray under it. I just was given one for my birthday last weekend. Until I get it repotted, I've been keeping it under the umbrella of my deck furniture, where it gets no direct sun. Doing well there so far.

They are a bit fussy as Kisal noted.

divya77
Newly Registered

rainbowgardener wrote:Fuschias like to stay evenly moist, never drying out and never being too wet, and they like bright indirect light, but NO direct sun. The best luck I ever had with one was one I brought in for the winter and hung in my bathroom. The indirect light from frosted window and the humidity from showers were great for it. It would respond well to being misted or having a humidity tray under it. I just was given one for my birthday last weekend. Until I get it repotted, I've been keeping it under the umbrella of my deck furniture, where it gets no direct sun. Doing well there so far.

They are a bit fussy as Kisal noted.
ok.my fuschia actually get direct sun as my balcony is east facing. thanks a lot !!

Return to “Container Gardening Forum”