Paola
Newly Registered

Ging seng bonsai

Hi, I have a ging seng bonsai who is loosing al its leafs, need help!!!! How can I help it gets better again? How much light and watering its needed, any help is more than welcomed!

kdodds
Greener Thumb

When did you get it? From where did you buy it?

Paola
Newly Registered

I got it a month ago from a nursery, I had it in my office with some light, indoors, first it eas well but then all the leafs started to fall even when being green, also I could see some resine driping out from the wood.

Now I have it home outdoors, but need to know how much sun it needs and water, it still has some leafs but not quite much, maybe around 10......

What can I do, please help!!,! :cry: :cry:

kdodds
Greener Thumb

Are there rocks glued to the top of the soil? Green leaves falling like that, after a month, sounds like maybe root rot.

Paola
Newly Registered

Let me send you some pics

kdodds
Greener Thumb

Send them to photobucket or a similar host and then link to them here.

Paola
Newly Registered

Upss I can not post the photos, but so let me know how much sun is needed? How much water?

kdodds
Greener Thumb

Ginseng Ficus are fine indoors, within a foot or two of a south, east, or west window should be just fine. As for watering, it depends on the soil, the tree, the season. Do a search on chopstick method and you should find several detailed instructions.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”