tgplp

Rare, unusual seeds, anyone?

Hi guys! I'm really into growing rare and "weird" stuff from seeds. You know, carnivorous plants, cacti/succulents, weird looking tomatoes, fruit trees seeds, tree seeds that don't have to go through a cold season to germinate, houseplants, Etc. Oh, I'm also looking for some lithops seeds, specifically! I'd love to trade some of my seeds, in exchange for any unusual seeds you have!
I have: (multiple varieties of most of the below)
Japanese mixed greens
70 + varieties tomatoes
Lettuce
Zucchini
Carrot
Radish
Claytonia
Arizona cactus mix
Pansy
Sunflower
Various wildflower mixes
Herbs
And probably some other stuff...

Just send me a message- or reply to this- and we'll work out a trade!

Thanks,
Taryn

Gardenermadi

I don't have any rare seeds. BUT, I want to know if you have any Everglade tomato seeds?

tgplp

Sorry, but I don't have any of that variety. :(

Taryn

Gardenermadi

Okay. Thank you for looking though ! I am VERY new here, and I only have about 7 variety of seeds, LOL

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

tgplp wrote:Hi guys! I'm really into growing rare and "weird" stuff from seeds. You know,... weird looking tomatoes,
Although I have mostly the ordinary "heirloom" and a very few hybrid varieties of seeds, I thought I'd mention that, quite often, I inadvertently grow "weird looking tomatoes" even though the seed envelope assured me they would be round or plum-shaped or cherry-sized or... :lol:

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

tgplp

Gardenermadi- I can send you a few other tomato seeds to get your collection going, if you want! No trade necessary. I've got plenty! ;)

Cynthia- lol! :D last year I grew a weird looking Glacier tomato. But hey- they weird ones are the most interesting!!!

Taryn

Gardenermadi

Are you serious??!?!? That would be awesome!

tgplp

Of course!!! :D okay... I'm gonna send you a private message... I just got here yesterday, so it might take me a bit to figure it out.

Taryn :)

tgplp

Two things: how do you send a private message here, and also I am still looking for a trade with someone! ;)

Taryn

lorax
Greener Thumb

Taryn, I'm not sure if I've traded with you before on other sites, but I'd be happy to send you Naranjilla (Solanum quitoense) and Tree Tomato (S. betacea) for some interesting black tomato varieties, and also if you've got golden pear tomatoes? (hope hope hope).

You send a PM here by noting the recipient's name, then clicking up by the top bar where it says "You have no new messages" (right under the LOG OUT [TGPLP] button). That takes you to your inbox, and from there you should be able to figure the rest out.

Alternately, there's a little yellow button marked "P. Msg" down at the bottom of each post - just hit that and it's all good. It looks something like this:
[img]https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/templates/ndesign/images/lang_english/icon_pm.gif[/img]

:()

adobo

Taryn,

I you could wait a few weeks more I have a bunch of Atis / Anona squamosa Linn waiting to ripe on my tree. Its a tropical fruit so no cold treatment required for the seeds to germinate. I also have a winter melon waiting to be harvest. If You find this unusual, shoot me a PM.

Madi,

I was waiting for your reply post on your thread. I think I can send you some varieties that I have if you are willing to do SASE.

lorax,

I'm interested with both of your Solanums. I don't have Balck Tomatoes to offer, is there anything else you are looking for?

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

tgplp wrote:Two things: how do you send a private message here ... Taryn
Click on the "P.msg" button (the yellow one) at the bottom left of a post made by the person you want to PM. Or, in the upper right of each page, just under the black tool bar, you will see a little envelope. Click on that to get to your PM Inbox. :)

Return to “Seed Exchange - Share & Trade Seeds”