jamest96
Newly Registered

starting a garden

:wink: I am starting a raised garden and really wanted to put such fruit as strawberry and other sweet fruit that don't grow on trees the problem is I live in Austin,TX and the summers are relly hot and obviously sunny what plants will do well in this condition?

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

You can shade some of your plants with lattice above the plants like a small garden shade house! ! A foot above the plant wll keep that hot sun off even a little & makes a difference!

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

jamest96 wrote::wink: I am starting a raised garden and really wanted to put such fruit as strawberry and other sweet fruit that don't grow on trees the problem is I live in Austin,TX and the summers are relly hot and obviously sunny what plants will do well in this condition?
Thornless blackberry vines. They will need something to climb on but do well in hot conditions. I put in 4 earlier this year and they are really taking off now. I won't get fruit this summer because the canes that are now growing are the ones that will bear fruit next year. I also have some strawberry plants between the blackberry bushes and they are doing fine, but summer's heat isn't here yet.

Return to “All Other Fruit”