kainemaxwell

Hydrangea wont bloom

I've had a hydrangea bush for about 3 years now. Got it for my parents for a gift and planted it. Been growing greatly and is a medium sized, full bush but it won't bloom. I dunno if I'm doing anything wrong or not. I have given it Mircale-Gro a few times in the Spring after the frost ended, and we may have had a small late frost (don't remember). Any other advice on trying to get it to bloom or for buying another bush (I do want a second bush for the front of my yard). It wasn't pruned last year (how do you prune one?) but the year before my mother accidently bruned back all the stalks and it did come back a bit stronger. Are some dead leaves/burns at the top, I think mostly from the current heat wave I'm having. if it helps I'm wedged in the middle of Zone 6a-b.

decam0

Take a look at the following link...it might help :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plants/plantprofile_hydrangea.shtml

Delia

kainemaxwell

My plant sprouted 1 little flower on it this year, pink.

kainemaxwell

It's a Mophead hydrangeas (Hydrangea macrophylla).

Newt
Greener Thumb

Could this be one of those greenhouse potted ones? Sometimes they just don't do well when transplanted outdoors.

Newt

kainemaxwell

Funny thing is the bush is beautiful and full of leaves and life, but won't flower. I got one small pink flower on it this year...

Newt
Greener Thumb

We posted just a minute apart. Did you find anything at that [url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/hydrangea/2003/]hydrangea page[/url] that could be helpful? Is yours one that was purchased as a potted gift plant?

Newt

Return to “Hydrangea Forum”