Poll ended at Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:23 am

Pittsburgh Steelers
45%
Green Bay Packers
55%

Total votes: 11
Canadian Farmer Guy

Who will win the Super Bowl?

It's almost time for the greatest sporting event in the world.
The Super Bowl!!!

Who do you think will win?

The Pittsburgh Steelers? or the Green Bay Packers?

Lets hear your predictions.

CFG

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

I was right in all but 2 playoff games. I picked the Saints to beat Seattle----NO GO. Then I picked the Patriots to beat the Jets----again, didn't happen.

I like both teams but if I was making a wager, I'd have to go with Pittsburgh.
They have been there with some of the players that are on their team now, so the experience edge goes to them in the biggest game of the year.

As long as "Big Hair Troy" stays healthy, I give the edge in defense to Pitt. I like Rogers, but Roethlesberger is a mule and so hard to bring down that it adds another element to their offense and allows the receivers to find an open area.

I see Pittsburgh winning 24-21.

Canadian Farmer Guy

GO STEELERS!

As you can guess I'm rooting for Pittsburgh.
I'm a crazy Steelers nut, always have been.

Anyways, my analysis...

For Pittsburgh to win:

Big Ben needs to be protected, He's tough, but he's taken too many hits this season.

The offence will have to make some big plays early in the game.

Above all, the Steelers need to unleash that #1-ranked defence. Troy Polamalu and the rest of the boys have got to force turnovers,
sack the QB and stop the Packers passing game.

For Green Bay to win: (not gonna happen though)

All the pressure is on Aaron Rodgers, he needs to avoid sacks, make plays, and above all... he cannot throw anywhere near Troy.

That's my 2 cents

Steelers win 26-17

CFG

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

I have no analysis of the game to offer, but here is my "karmic" analysis of the playoffs to date. Warning: this may push some people's buttons.

The wild-card weekend, I was initially pleased that both of Michael Vick's teams--past (Falcons) and present (Eagles)--lost. So, despite his completely unwarranted return to the gridiron, at least Vick won't get additional playoff buck$ this year. :twisted:

Then, although the should-have-been-hit-with-fines, bad-mouthing Jets (and their amazingly dense coach! who *also* "cruded it up" in public! :shock:) managed a win over the Patriots--and it took a stress fracture of Brady's plant foot to give the Jets their entry to the divisional championship--the Jets finally WERE knocked out by a team with only ONE off-the-field dishonorable player, the QB.

I had nothing for or against either the Bears or the Pack. I note that, as usual, management/ownership of the 49ers didn't have the sense God gave a dead goat to pick Aaron Rodgers in the 2005 draft; no, Alex Smith was their guy. :roll:

So, because I think *yet another Superbowl ring on Roethlisberger's finger* will give him too many excuses to visit nightclubs and...ah...make himself way too available to young women, I must root for...the Pack. This time.

Big Ben needs to STOP going into nightclubs and wherever else he's getting into trouble. Find a steady lady who's of age and hang out WITH HER! :evil:

And then I will have no trouble at all rooting for the Steelers again. :D

Cynthia H.
whose true team will never make it back to the Superbowl unless the Yorks sell...

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Down here in Panther territory, I didn't even know who was playing until I read your poll choices.

[img][img]https://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd5/charliemv/iloveitwhenaplancomestogether.jpg[/img][/img]

Canadian Farmer Guy

cynthia_h wrote: Big Ben needs to STOP going into nightclubs and wherever else he's getting into trouble. Find a steady lady who's of age and hang out WITH HER! :evil:
First of all, Ben isn't that old, only 29 I believe.
(hard to tell with that pulverized nose)

But yes I agree with you, he needs to stay out of trouble.
From what I've heard he's changed some since his suspension.
It's probably too soon to say for sure if he's cleaned up his act for good.
But I certainly hope so.

The Steelers need him, but they have a reputation for not putting up with troublemakers.
If Big Ben gets in anymore trouble in the next year, I wouldn't be surprised if he was dropped or traded.
But I hope not, in spite of his flaws I like him and he is one of the best QB's in the league.

CFG

Lehcar

Bah! They're both junk... go Cowboys!

:wink:

We were sooooooo close this year! Well... sort of... kind of... maybe... if you think about it... not really, well okay fine!

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Don't get me *started* on the Cowboys. "America's Team." Please. :roll: :x

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I am tired of the Super Bowl already> All I hear on the news is the Steelers here in the Pittsburgh where I live! All the stores are selling Steeler stuff that has gone out of control. Everything fom a match stick to a beer cooler has the Steeler Logo on it! I go to eat and there is the Steeler song! There are only a few Steelers I like and Troy is the main one and a nice guy and role model! I think that they have been lucky all year and did not even deserve to be there. They make too much of the super bowl I really don't care who wins just get it over with so I can watch the news in piece!

Canadian Farmer Guy

Bobberman, I wish I had your problem.

I love the Steelers, I watch all their games, I draft their players for my fantasy team,
I go to parties wearing my official Troy Polamalu jersey,
I have a massive 4' by 4' sticker on my bedroom wall of a Steelers helmet,
I had VIP tickets to the preseason game in Toronto a few years ago.

Up here in Canada everyone's crazy about hockey, I never liked hockey.

CFG

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Steelers 20 Green Bay 30. The reason is that Green Bay players eat more Fish and buy more bobbers!

Canadian Farmer Guy

Bobberman wrote:Steelers 20 Green Bay 30. The reason is that Green Bay players eat more Fish and buy more bobbers!
I fail to see any logic in this.

CFG

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Bobberman wrote:I am tired of the Super Bowl already> All I hear on the news is the Steelers here in the Pittsburgh where I live! All the stores are selling Steeler stuff that has gone out of control. Everything fom a match stick to a beer cooler has the Steeler Logo on it! I go to eat and there is the Steeler song! There are only a few Steelers I like and Troy is the main one and a nice guy and role model! I think that they have been lucky all year and did not even deserve to be there. They make too much of the super bowl I really don't care who wins just get it over with so I can watch the news in piece!

panther stuff is very reasonably priced. Need some?

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Canadian Farmer Guy wrote:
Bobberman wrote:Steelers 20 Green Bay 30. The reason is that Green Bay players eat more Fish and buy more bobbers!
I fail to see any logic in this.

CFG

Bobberman has a business selling bobbers used in fishing. I've seen his videos and they are a cut above the regular cork, styrofoam, or plastic bobbers most folks are familiar with.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

The winers will be all the people making money off of this game.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

The winers will be all the people making money off of this game
I was wondering who would mention this. :wink:

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”