Punky
Newly Registered

Help!! I thnk my Bonsai is dying!

I bought a little 5" bonsai from Ikea like two weeks ago and I think it's dying already. I have no idea what kind it is. The instructions on the pot say bright areas but no direct sunlight, keep soil moist at all times and fertilize every two months. I folowed the instructions and never let the soil go dry. Could I have over watered? I also gave it some fertilizer. Could I have burned it from over fertilization? :oops: The leaves are now getting brittle and falling off. Can I somehow revive it, or is it too late. Please help! [/b]

Punky
Newly Registered

[quote="Punky"]I bought a little 5" bonsai from Ikea like two weeks ago and I think it's dying already. I have no idea what kind it is. The instructions on the pot say bright areas but no direct sunlight, keep soil moist at all times and fertilize every two months. I folowed the instructions and never let the soil go dry. Could I have over watered? I also gave it some fertilizer. Could I have burned it from over fertilization? :oops: The leaves are now getting brittle and falling off. Can I somehow revive it, or is it too late. Please help!

Sharp

Punky wrote:I bought a little 5" bonsai from Ikea like two weeks ago and I think it's dying already. I have no idea what kind it is. The instructions on the pot say bright areas but no direct sunlight, keep soil moist at all times and fertilize every two months. I folowed the instructions and never let the soil go dry. Could I have over watered? I also gave it some fertilizer. Could I have burned it from over fertilization? :oops: The leaves are now getting brittle and falling off. Can I somehow revive it, or is it too late. Please help! [/b]

Its very possible its being overwatered. Can you post a picture? For us to help identify it?

Also, its most times its best to let the soil to go a bit dry between waterings. Of course depends on what type you have. If the leaves are dropping you'll need to definetly back off the watering.

Another issue I see, we call what you go a mallsai. Usually only packed and shipped just long enough for it to survive the sale. They usually have glued rocks on it (which its best to remove asap).

JoeLewko
Green Thumb

the good thing is if we figure out whats wrong, we can probably save it. Sharp does have a point that you need to water less.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”