Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Greetings to all!!!

Hello everyone!

Happy belated New Year to each and every one of you! It's been a while, I know... 2010 ended up being very rocky year for me. Always considered myself a healthy individual, but wasn't exactly the case, long story so I'll spare you the details, just hit me like a ton of bricks and really wasn't sure how to deal with it.

On the positive note, absolutely have to change my diet radically to keep the heart healthy, so looks like I'll be paying more attention to what I eat, and that translates into lots of good veggies, so garden varieties - here I come!

Wouldn't be able plant as much this year, since I physically couldn't prepare the garden for the winter as I usually do - didn't get to make compost, didn't get a chance to bring the cow poop... Will take it slow, and hopefully, by mid year things will get back to normal!

Miss you all, hope you had great 2010 and may 2011 bring you everything you wished and hoped for!

Regards,
D

P.S. Off to read through all the things that I missed!

applestar
Mod

DV! You're back!!! :D :D :D
We've missed you! :wink:

I had just posted a week or so ago that we need you back. gixx was missing too and HE resurfaced a few days after I posted that, and now you! :lol: :wink:

So sorry you had health issues. :(
All OK now, I hope? I've had more than my share -- heck I still have lingering fatigue issues -- so I know how that can be.

This is a good time to curl up with gardening books and seed catalogs and dream and plan. Don't get overambitious, though. :roll: :lol:

Halfway
Green Thumb

Here's to a very speedy full recovery and a strong lifestyle for the future!

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Oh! It's so good to see you again! :)

I was just thinking about you a couple of days ago. I ran across one of your posts while doing a search of the forum, and I realized I hadn't seen you around for quite some time. I'm happy you made it through your health troubles, but sorry that you had to experience them.

It's good to have you back! :)

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Thank you all so much, really feels good to be back!

After spending entire morning reading and catching up on what I missed, actually went to the local nursery, and picked up couple fresh bags of my favorite seeds starting mix. Not spring yet, but it will get here. Gardening is one of the things in life I enjoy very much and always looking forward to that time of the year when I get to drop the seeds and watch them sprout!

Happy gardening to all in 2011!!!

Regards,
D

Susan W
Greener Thumb

This is all good! It's great to see some familiar faces showing up again.

Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

Hi DuhVinci,

Welcome back!

I hear ya on the health issues, been quite a battle here too.

But, I think that I am on the trail of the issue... my diet.
So, guess who else has to live in the garden this year?

My asthma has been kicking up a storm since late spring! The doctor said it is the drought, I however, have discovered, it is most likely my diet.

Hey Apple, google Potassium and Phosphorus deficiencies, they lead to fatigue and a host of other issues. So, I need to make sure my beds are rich in these elements so they feed us well. And clay soil is bad about not having these items.

And so, we all need to garden for our health, as well as our taste buds!

tedln
Super Green Thumb

All of you young folks need to start smoking like me and eat a lot of fat in your diet. Then as you approach the age of seventy like me, you will also be healthy and fit. I hope my doctor wasn't deceiving me after my last physical. He declined to give me a five year warranty. (Duh_Vinci, as you know; I am so glad you are feeling better and back with us)

Ted

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

LOL Ted, you crack me up!!! Thanks for a good laugh!

Actually, growing up in Russia, you can imagine that fat goes hand in hand with the word "everyday food". Butter, bacon and just pure cured pork fat goes with just about every dinner. Smoking over the past 25 years didn't help the heart either!

But, since I managed to avoid heart surgery this time, I intend to continue to eat healthier! Smoking, well, down to 5-6 per day (from a pack), just hoping some day to be able to ditch it all together!

Ozark Lady - here is to the new "dinner menu" for 2011! Eat well, live well, stay well!!!

Regards,
D

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Yes welcome back DV, maybe Applestar is psychic she asking about you and me and here we are.

Glad to have you back and hoping you get better. We a both had our problems but we are back and as you said spring will be here before we know it.

The gangs all here now lets get gardening.

And thanks for the PM

I hope your being sick didn't mess up your wonderful photography skills. :lol:

applestar
Mod

I hope your being sick didn't mess up your wonderful photography skills
Ooh! I think that's a challenge, DV! :>
:idea: Post some new photos! :wink: :D

What can I say, it's winter time. :roll:
I'll feel a little better after getting my fingers grubby sowing some onion seeds in a recycled 1/2 gal UHP carton standing on a narrow side -- 2-5/8"Wx9"Lx4-1/2"H 8)

petalfuzz
Green Thumb

Glad to see you back, finally! Now I have your beautiful pics to look forward to. More fodder for my winter daydreaming!! :P

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Welcome back, Dono!

I know, still cold, still winter, but it is not going to last forever! Packing your seeds, will be in the mail tomorrow! And yes indeed, Apple always has something growing in the winter, way to go!!!

Thanks all for the warm welcomes, most certainly feels good to start thinking about the garden again!
applestar wrote:... :idea: Post some new photos! :wink: :D ...
LOL Well, I did sell most of my photo gear, leaving only the few essentials, finished taxes today, and looks like I will do a little shopping again in the next month or so...

It's going to be a very good year, here is a toast to the happy gardening in 2011!!!

[img]https://drphotography.smugmug.com/photos/1142498196_QHZmx-O.jpg[/img]

Regards,
D

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Egad! Taxes! I knew there was something I was procrastinating about, but just couldn't quite remember what it was. LMFAO

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

You still got it bro, how can you not love this guy?!!!!
[img]https://drphotography.smugmug.com/photos/1142498196_QHZmx-O.jpg[/img]

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”