gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Congrats to the folks in Seattle

The Seahawks played a great game against the Saints yesterday and beat an 11 pt. favorite convincingly. I don't know how far they will go in the remaining playoff games, but if they play with the intensity of yesterday's game, they will be in every game till the end.

There's a bar down the street from my house and it was filled to capacity with Saints fans watching the game. Every time the Saints did something positive I could hear a collective roar. However, when Seattle's running back ran that final touchdown-------great run by the way--------the only sound I could hear was the wheels falling off the bandwagon in a collective thud.

Again, congrats to a game well played.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Gumbo,

Thank You, I thought about starting a post, then again.....

It's hard to boast about a team that had a 7 and 9 record, but now we are 1 and 0.

Who Dat, We Dat!!

Fun Game!

Eric

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

My Panthers are just plain snake bit. They lost out at 2-14 and Luck is going to play another year. We'll hire another Giants defensive coordinator and use that first round pick on a linebacker. I have a 3'x5' panther flag hanging upside down on my boat. It's been that way for 4 years. By the end of the summer it will be shredded.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Well, Charlie, it took the Saints 43 years to win the big one and we had our share of the type of seasons the Panther's are having. Keep the faith.

At least I haven't seen any Panther fans with bags over their heads in the stadium like the "Aint's" fans did for many years.

Time to break out the old, tired, Saints Mantra----"Wait till next year!!!"

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

DoubleDogFarm wrote:Gumbo,Thank You, I thought about starting a post, then again.....It's hard to boast about a team that had a 7 and 9 record, but now we are 1 and 0. Who Dat, We Dat!!
Fun Game! Eric

No harm if you started this post. Like you said, your team is now 1-0 and this is a new season. I'm disappointed that they lost, but it is only a game and it changes nothing of consequence in my life if they win, lose or draw.

But boy, you should have heard some of the folks leaving that bar last night --------crying in their beer, talking about "what ifs", and the ones just staring in disbelief were the funniest. Way too many things more important in life than to allow a loss by a football team to turn your world upside down.

They Dat!!! for sure-----at least on Saturday, January 8th, 2011. Hope they repeat the feat next week.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Eric, you folks in Seattle better get those rally caps on real fast. It's not looking too good for the Seahawks. Last I saw, 28-0, Chicago.

I see Green Bay and New England in the Super Bowl. After what the Packers did in Atlanta last night, they look pretty unbeatable.

I like the Jets as a team, but Ryan just rubs me the wrong way as their coach. I don't see them getting past the Pats today. However, if they do, that press hound will be on every sports channel until they are eliminated next week or make it to the big party in Texas. I don't think the new Cowboys stadium is big enough to hold Ryan's ego.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

gumbo,

I'll just say, Uf dah!

Time to concentrate on the gardening.

Eric

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”