Mini Mango!

Murraya Exotica

Hi all!
How have you been!

I just bought a Murraya Exotica to have it as an indoor plant. It has a shape of a mini tree, so this one I will keep like that, but I'm planning to buy another one, which would be more "bushy", to try and make a bonsai out of it.
What do you think? Am I correct about the shape? I never ever made a bonsai and know almost nothing about it.. So I'll be needing this website a lot! :)

Is it easy to make a bonsai out of Murraya?

And what is the difference between Murraya "Exotica" and "Paniculata"?
I've tried to find some information on the web about M. exotica - how to take care for it, but I only get a little info about M. paniculata.. . So I was wondering if it's actually the same plant.

And how do I take care for it (indoors) in the best way possible?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Happy Gardening!
MM.

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Mini Mango!,

Hi, I don't grow this species so I can't offer a lot. Perhaps someone else has more.
And what is the difference between Murraya "Exotica" and "Paniculata"?
I did Google this though and found that apparently M. paniculata is synonymous with Murraya exotica L.
Sometimes plants are reclassified and their binomial name chnages. This can lead to confusion as old material still references the former name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murraya_paniculata

From this I conclude that they are the same, but more research on your part is in order.

Styling questions are tricky for me since I still stuggle with the same issues. Perhaps a picture, once you acquire it, will allow someone to offer a suggestion.

Norm

Mini Mango!

Hi Gnome!
How are you?
Thanks for the info. I had a feeling that it's the same specie but just a different name.. .

Once I buy another tree I'll take a pic of it and post it!

MM :D

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”