C00KiE46

What is this on my pepper?

Is it from insects or a disease?
[img]https://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa241/M0MMiE_album/IMG_3761.jpg[/img]

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Well. . . . from here, it looks like sunscald.

Steve

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Lets hope it's sunscald and not Anthracnose.

Eric

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I have that same brown stuff on some of my peppers and most of it is under the leaves in the shade so I think that means it is not caused by the sun. Some of the brown spots are on the very bottom side of the peppers, no sun there. I would like to know what it is too.

Hispoptart

I too don't know what it is but have had some of mine look like that. I just cut the bad part off and use the rest of it.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Is it only on that one plant or are more plants getting it? Have they been in intense sunlight? Does it seem to be spreading?

My best guess would be sun scald, as well.

ACW

From my view here it looks like a petal from its flower that has remained there ,if it brushes of then I am spot on ,if not start worrying .
must stress I know very little about peppers ,only my second season growing them and am rather disapointed with the size I have acheived this year ,have only reached golf ball sizes ,and first frost is 4-5 weeks away .

LindsayArthurRTR
Green Thumb

If it's on the bottom of the peppers it's probably blossom end rot. That picture there looks a little like something's been munching on it. Maybe a tomato horn warm or fall army worm. Does the mark on the top look exactly like the spots on the bottom?

stella1751
Greener Thumb

I think it's blossom end rot. I had something similar several years ago on some container peppers. Like you, I thought something had been munching on them. Eventually, it began showing on sides and bottoms and was diagnosed as BER. Some Epsom Salts fixed 'em right up.

C00KiE46

It's not on the bottom and that's the only pepper that has it. I have about 5 other pepper plants and they look fine. I have to look up that blossom end rot.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

If it's the only pepper, I would pick. The reason being is that if it's a disease with the potential to spread, you will prevent the spread by removing it.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”