conn96

WHAT TYPE OF PUMPKIN HAS SHORTEST GROWING SEASON!?!?!

I want to grow a pumpkin for Halloween, and I know its to late to grow normal sized pumpkins, but is there a chance I can grow a smaller pumpkin and have it ready for Halloween? Please help me! I'm new to gardening!

csvd87

My instinct would say no... and my quick research has told me the earliest pumpkins are 60 to 80 days so maybe theres a chance if you have the seed in the ground tomorrow.

variety I found was called Neon on West Coast Seeds website.

[url]https://www.westcoastseeds.com/productdetail/Vegetable-Seeds/Pumpkins/Neon/[/url]

Hispoptart

I too would say no, but hey you are having fun and what the heck, give it a try.

csvd87

thats right, I planted some 90 day carrots in mid august, hoping they will be done enough by 2 weeks after frost, however, they are in a 5 gallon bucket, I can bring them in overnight... well, we'll see how it goes.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

You might, but it will be a small one. Anyhow, looking at your climate, you may not have one by then end of Oct., but your last frost date will probably allow you to have one a little later :wink:.

(when is your last frost, by the way?)

csvd87

first frost is around mid october... right around the start of hockey season :) funny enough the end of the nhl regular season is right around our last frost

garden5
Super Green Thumb

csvd87 wrote:first frost is around mid october... right around the start of hockey season :) funny enough the end of the nhl regular season is right around our last frost
That should give you plenty of time to get some carrots, Particularly if you bring the bucket indoors before a frost and put it back out during a post-frost warm spell.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”