alonsl
Newly Registered

Water issue or something else?

3 months ago I purchased my first bonsai tree from a Japanese man who was selling the trees out of his van. All of his trees looked healthy and beautiful - as did mine before I got my hands on it! After a couple of weeks, it started to look parched even though I watered and spritzed it. My son found an article that suggested submerging it in water and also suggested putting the pot in another pot that had water. At first it seemed to perk up but now looks like it is dying. As close as I can tell, it is a Juniper. There are still lots of needles on it but they fall off if you even brush by them, and they are no longer a pretty green but are starting to turn yellow or white. Please tell me I haven't killed it and how to make it healthy again.

Thanks.

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

alonsl,

Unfrotunately by the time that Junipers get to looking like you have described they are usually past saving. You have not mentioned where you have been keeping it. Junipers kept indoors nearly always end up dead.

Norm

alonsl
Newly Registered

I was really hoping it wasn't too late. Anything I can try? I've been keeping it inside but in direct sunlight for several hours each day. I live in N.C. and some days it gets in the upper 90s and 100s outside.

linlaoboo
Green Thumb

buy another one and keep it outside this time, otherwise get an indoor bonsai tree. many people have killed juniper bonsais this way, including myself.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”