My garden.

[img]https://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af338/specgrade/022.jpg[/img]

My cukes climbing the fence.

[img]https://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af338/specgrade/021.jpg[/img]

My corn and lettuce.

[img]https://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af338/specgrade/023.jpg[/img]

My sprinkler.

Thank you to all who helped me with the pictures!! :clap:
Last edited by specgrade on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

When you are on Photobucket looking at the thumbnails in your album, click on the "edit" button by the picture in question. You will be brought to the edit page where there is a button for "resize". You can type in the size you want . 640x480 is good for forums.

I think you have posted the thumbnails, try opening the picture first to get the larger one, then copy the IMG code.

Nice garden!

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Good looking garden there, specgrade. Everything green and healthy looking.

Maneuvering the photo thing can be tricky, but follow jal_ut. When I upload to photobucket the pictures show up in the album as small, I copy/paste the IMG and they display ok on the forum. Perhaps, the pictures are stored small on your PC before you do the upload to photobucket. Good luck and keep up the good gardening.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Your garden looks great. That's a good idea you have with the sprinkler in it, too.

specgrade

Thank you jal_ut and lakngulf! I will keep working on the pic posting. This is the first time I have post any pictures on-line. I tried to resize the pics on my pc but they looked distorted. Could it be a setting on the camera, I wonder?

This garden has been a work in progress for 4 years. This year is the best it has looked. My wife and I work really hard at what we have and we enjoy every bit. She is sooo happy to have grown anything and started the most of the seeds herself in yogert cups on the window sill inside back in March. Her confidence grows with the plants as well. She hates it when I call it "my garden" :oops:

specgrade

garden5 wrote:Your garden looks great. That's a good idea you have with the sprinkler in it, too.
Thank you very much! I have been think about using a drip system next year. I put in a new faucet and copper line to by-pass our water softner. The ball valve I installed is opened just a little and that keeps the water in the garden as much as possible. It takes only 5 minutes and the plants are nice and watered.

Hispoptart

Your garden looks really nice. Dh hates it when I call it mine also LOL

specgrade

Hispoptart wrote:Your garden looks really nice. Dh hates it when I call it mine also LOL
Thank you very much! They will just have to get over it, eh? :wink: :lol:

specgrade

I got the pictures to work. Thank you to applestar, Jal_ut, lakngulf and tomf for helping me through this endeavor!! :clap:

Hispoptart

specgrade wrote:
Hispoptart wrote:Your garden looks really nice. Dh hates it when I call it mine also LOL
Thank you very much! They will just have to get over it, eh? :wink: :lol:
LOL yep I guess so LOL

applestar
Mod

Your garden looks GREAT!! ...and I can even see the BINDWEED climbing on the fence along with the cukes in the photos. :wink:

Better get those out of there before they take over. Don't let them flower and go to seed -- they're bad enough growing from the roots and runners. :shock:

specgrade

applestar wrote:Your garden looks GREAT!! ...and I can even see the BINDWEED climbing on the fence along with the cukes in the photos. :wink:

Better get those out of there before they take over. Don't let them flower and go to seed -- they're bad enough growing from the roots and runners. :shock:
Thank you, the weeds are pretty bad. When it's time to hang up the hose I'm going to attack them with a vengeance. The wooden privacy fence is in dyer need of replacement also. Sounds like a fun Summer next year :-()

I'm all over the Bindweed with a pair of pliers and a blow torch :twisted:

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

I tried to resize the pics on my pc but they looked distorted. Could it be a setting on the camera, I wonder?
When resizing pictures with photo software, most programs have a box to click that says "maintain aspect ratio". You need to click that and then just put in the pixels desired for the width. The height will follow and the picture won't be distorted.

Different cameras have different aspect ratios, so you can't just say 640 x 480 and have it work right unless your camera has the same aspect ratio.

I have been sizing my pictures to 800 pixels in width. Of course they don't display that large on the forum. You can click them and get the larger one.

You are on the right track and it is a good learning curve. I enjoyed your pics. Thanks for sharing.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Yeah, I'm kind of thinking about going with a soaker-system, too, next year. Do you run the sprinkler early in the morning or in the evening?

specgrade

garden5 wrote:Yeah, I'm kind of thinking about going with a soaker-system, too, next year. Do you run the sprinkler early in the morning or in the evening?
I turn on the sprinkler around 8am and if it has been really hot during the day I will turn it on around 5pm or so. I set a timer for 5 minutes and that gets everything good and wet.

The ball valve in the basement, for that line, is barely open and that controls the pressure of the water so the sprinkler doesn't over shoot the garden that much. Just enough to get it to spin. I got the idea of using a sprinkler from a neighbor.

specgrade

jal_ut wrote:
I tried to resize the pics on my pc but they looked distorted. Could it be a setting on the camera, I wonder?
When resizing pictures with photo software, most programs have a box to click that says "maintain aspect ratio". You need to click that and then just put in the pixels desired for the width. The height will follow and the picture won't be distorted.

Different cameras have different aspect ratios, so you can't just say 640 x 480 and have it work right unless your camera has the same aspect ratio.

I have been sizing my pictures to 800 pixels in width. Of course they don't display that large on the forum. You can click them and get the larger one.

You are on the right track and it is a good learning curve. I enjoyed your pics. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for the information. I didn't know about aspect ratios. Glad you enjoyed the pics and you are welcome. 8)

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”