SuzeRose
Newly Registered

Mystery Mushrooms in Ficus container!

I have a beautiful ficus tree that has been thriving for me over the last 6 years. It is in a large container standing right next to my patio doors. It loves this spot so I never move it, other that to rotate it towards the light. This morning I noticed that 3 yellow mushrooms have sprouted in the pot. Can anyone tell me how and/or why this has happened. It is a mystery to me how these mushrooms could grow there. I don't over-water this tree, since it is happiest when it's allowed to dry out between drinks. I am a newbie to this forum, and will be appreciative of any feedback sent. Thanks! :)

Justin
Newly Registered

Hi,

I had the same thing happen a couple years ago. I had an indoor plant that sprouted bright yellow mushrooms in its soil. As far as I know, mushroom spores can travel great distances in the air and they can lay dormant for quite some time until the growth conditions are just right, and they will just appear. I wouldn't worry about it though. I still have that same houseplant and it is still healthy.

Return to “Trees, Shrubs, and Hedges”