peachguy

seeds wanted and seeds to give away

I would like to have some
-azalea seeds
-Rhododendron seeds
-Citrus(most wanted Valencia orange and Key lime)
-rare morning glory if you got some

I have
-Morning glories(heavenly blue and star of yelta)
-Viola hybrid
-Basil
-Oregano
-Scarlet flax
in the future I will have
-Hibiscus
-Morning glories
-Rose of sharon
-Hybrid viola
-Bananna

andreane

can you get banana seeds from bananas? wel of course you can but how do you do that?!?

peachguy

the bannanas I have, have seeds in them they aren't ediable just for show, the ones in the stores are mutations from wild banannas. The plants they come from are clones from the orginal I read about in an article and how banannas (that we eat) are in dranger from viruses because they don't reproduce they can't build up immunities.

andreane

HHI!!! if you ever get some hibiscus seeds would you be willing to send some to me?!??. that would be WIcked

peachguy

That I will try but I haven't been able to find any since the last time I bought them, I really wanted to plant more because only one is surviving (because I used peat pots more most of them and it dried out too fast and there wasn't enough nutients in the peat. So I will keep you posted if I find any more

forevercands
Newly Registered

Alas ,I live in an apartment building in Florida and decided to spruce up the place.I planted hibiscus, divided three shrubs from the store and ended up with a dozen bushes ,but they are so young and we are in a drought,so they really need pampering.Plus I don't know how to get their seeds?Also planted mexican sage(blue salvia)thumgergia(black-eyed susan vine,pentas,margeruite daisies,cosmos,tall snapdragons(got tons of seeds from them already),,verbena,.If anyone can tell me how to get the hibiscus seeds this year I can swap em out.Would love some blue sky vine.Or cardinal flower,yum.

Ken1941
Newly Registered

Hi All:
I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada. I am new to container gardening. I have been looking for some Curry Leaf Seeds and would appreciate if anyone can spare me some.

Ken1941

Inamon

Regarding the banana seed thing. The cloning thing is right but an interesting fact is the when your grandparents/parents say that the bananas they had in there day are different (better) they are ina ctual fact telling the truth (for once). Commercial bananas are all clones from an origional plant that was a mutation from the plantain (red or green cooking banana.) The cavendish we know and enjoy to day is a new strain completely different from out grandparents banana (our grandparents banana was almost completely wipped out by a virus (almost like the phyloxera virus which affectted many grape vines during this century.)
Currently the owners of the largest banana plantations are working on newer sweeter varieties of this mutation which are disease resistant and attractive as there is a potential banana pandemic currently circulating the globe.
We may not be eating the cavendish for muich longer (when we too will tell our children that in our day the bananas where much different than today).
I think I remember most of this from either an edition of Popular mechanics or New Scientist.
Check it out. Bananas are not the fruit we thought they were.

Return to “Seed Exchange - Share & Trade Seeds”