springyogi
Newly Registered

I forgot what I planted !!! Help :-)

I forgot what I planted !!! Help :-)

https://picasaweb.google.com/Springyogi/Plant#

that is the link to the pictures that I uploaded.. It is the first plant in the picture.. Its triangle like leaves that are whitish on the back. This has been bugging me for days!! Thanks guys .

HINT.. Its a vege

springyogi
Newly Registered

I fixed the pic that was not working

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

New Zealand Spinach

springyogi
Newly Registered

jal_ut wrote:New Zealand Spinach
hmmm I thought I just planted bloomsdale long standing Spinach. I seriously thought it might be weeds.. but what do I know lol

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

I grew New Zealand spinach last year. Your plant doesn't look quite right. Is the leaf very thick :?: New Zealand, I grew was not white or gray on the bottom.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Your plants look like Lambs Quarters a common weed. I couldn't imagine you planted that and the only other thing that came to mind was New Zealand Spinach.

applestar
Mod

Jal, I think your first instict was correct. These look like lambs quarters to me also.

Springyogi, if that's what they are, they have soft powdery fuzz in the growing shoots. Though considered weeds, they are highly nutritional and taste great fresh in salad -- thick but tender leaves have a kind of nutty flavor with no hint of bitterness, and older leaves can be cooked like spinach. I purposefully leave them in my garden and harvest for mixed salad greens and for tasty nibble while working. :wink:

garden5
Super Green Thumb

I'll bet that it's spinach...taste some and tell us :lol:.

springyogi
Newly Registered

Thats exactly what it is, I have a row of the weeds and I thought it was a vege hahah.. thanks guys

orgoveg
Green Thumb

Just like Applestar said, Lamb's Quarters are among the most nutritious foods. I collect the seeds late in the season and grow these weeds ON PURPOSE!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”