wolfcry

What to do about these spots?

Hello,

I have a situation and not sure what's the best solution. Lately, we've had a straight 3 weeks of straight rain. Light rain, but it was constant day and night. Which destroyed alot of my plants unfortunately.

Recently, I've seen some of my seedlings develop white spots on the leaves. Is this due to the constant wet weather?

Is there anything I can do to remedy the situation?

Also, does anyone know of a pretty fail safe solution to mildew spots or early blight? I've seen people mention solutions about liquid soap and water but I don't know the right ratios or the correct method to using the solutions.

Thanks for the help.
Last edited by wolfcry on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

The soapy water solution is generally mentioned as a treatment for aphids and other soft-bodied insects.

Get to know Search the Forum; it will be your friend and your entry point into all the tons and tons of wonderful information that is here already.

Here's one of the places I have given the recipes for baking soda solution and milk solution, our commonly recommended treatments for fungal conditions (like mildew and blight)

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=137231#137231
Last edited by rainbowgardener on Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

wolfcry

Hi Rainbowgardener,

Thanks for the link, however, I cannot use it because you were in edit mode when you posted it and it won't allow me to view it. I found what you were trying to redirect me to. I'll give it a shot, might try the yogurt solution as well on some new plants I'm planting if it happens to them. Unfortunately, after having rained for 3 weeks straight, the sun came out in full force and fried virtually everything. I was not a happy camper lol.

macimic
Newly Registered

Hi,

I had some tomato plants starting with white and brown spots and some leaf curl. I took another's suggestion and removed the worst leaves (of just the spotted, left the curled leaves). I just tonight sprayed them down with the milk and yogurt mixture. I'll let you know if I see any results.

macimic

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

"Thanks for the link, however, I cannot use it because you were in edit mode when you posted it and it won't allow me to view it."

Sorry about that... I fixed the link

macimic
Newly Registered

wolfcry,

I mentioned a milk and yogurt spray that I applied to my tomato plants Tuesday evening. I believe it's working! I have not noticed any new spotting and have seen additional growth.

macimic

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”