GisselaG
Newly Registered

Chinese Flowering White Serissa is dying

Hello -

About 5 months ago I purchased a Chinese Flowering White Serissa and it was doing great - lots of flowers and new growth. I then got sick and was bedridden for a week and unable to water it. Though I watered it as soon as I was able to walk around. Since then however, it has not flowered and most of it's leaves yellowed and dropped. I cut it back to promote new growth and I was rewarded with new shoots of leaves however now they too are starting to wither and die, they curl almost as if I'm over watering. I did notice some tiny white insects crawling around in the soil and sprayed some volk oil and have not noticed them since, but now I am at a loss on what to do as the tree gets new shoots but they also are starting to curl and fall off. Help! :cry:

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Are you keeping your tree indoors?

GisselaG
Newly Registered

Yes, but with plenty of sunlight, when I tried to take it outdoors, the heat just about nearly killed it and it flourished better where it is now.

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Inside the tree does not get proper atmospheric conditions as well as light, even though the tree is in a well lit spot, some of the wavelengths of light are filtered out when the light rays pass through the window.

I'm going to guess that when you moved your tree outside you just put it outside and left it there? A better method is to harden your tree off for a few weeks by having it out only during the day and inside at night.

Then, you can move it outside on a permanent basis.

GisselaG
Newly Registered

No, I brought it in at night and then took it out the following day. However, it's blazing outside and my patio gets direct sunlight and it just about almost fried the poor thing, so I brought it back in after 2 days

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”