FLOWERGODDESS3000
Newly Registered

Where to buy bulk flowering bulbs?

HI ALL, I'm FLOWERGODDESS3000
NEW TO THE SITE...
I WAS WONDERING IF THERE ARE ANY PLACES WHERE I CAN BUY ,LIKE HUNDERDS OF BULBS FOR CHEAP
I ALREADY CHECKED OUT BRECKS,AND JACKSON PERKINS..YEAH THEY HAVE WHAT I WANT BUT I WANT TO BUY IN LARGER QUANTIYS
WE JUST FINISHED BUILDING OUR HOUSE AND WE MOVED IN IN NOV 04 ,AND BASED FROM WHAT WE KNOW WHAT OUR SUMMER IS LIKE ,WE HAVE SUN ALL THE WAY AROUND THE HOUSE,WITH NO TREES,WHICH IS NICE ..LOL FINALLY NO LEAVES TO RAKE...YIPPY, BUT MY PLAN IS TO LOAD UP THE FRONT AND SIDE YARD THIS SPRING,WHAT CAN I USE BESIDES IMP'S, WHICH I LOVE CAUSE THEY LAST SO LONG...
AND SPEAKING BULBS WHAT CAN I USE,THAT WILL GROW FAST AND I'LL GET TO SEE SOME FLOWERING BULBS THIS SPRING....ANY IDEA?;)

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Little late for spring flowers this year; start thinking about next...

Scott

Newt
Greener Thumb

Hi Flowergoddess,

Welcome to The Helpful Gardener and congratulations on your new home. I used to live in Queens and the Catskills so I'm familiar with your growing conditions.

As Scott said, it's too late for spring bulbs unless someone you know didn't get them planted and gifts them to you. You can still plant them if the ground isn't frozen. They'll just bloom late, if at all, but will rebound the following year.

I noticed you said that you said
WHAT CAN I USE BESIDES IMP'S, WHICH I LOVE CAUSE THEY LAST SO LONG...
Are you referring to impatiens? If so, the only ones that might be able to take your full sun conditions would be the New Guinea type. They would need constant water though. They do best in morning or afternoon sun. Take a look here.

https://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC1166.htm

You might want to consider using annuals the first year for color and planning and planting which perennials will give you long lasting color. Most perennials only bloom for 2 to 3 weeks and that is what makes it a challenge to have color all season long. One group of perennials that come to mind are the reblooming and everblooming daylilies. I planted some in my daughter's front yard and they bloomed all summer. Some are even fragrant.

https://www.happyeverappster.com/happy/brandinfo.asp

If you would like some sites for garden design, just let me know as I have several. There is lots to consider, most of all the soil. Healthy soil will give you stronger plants that will be better able to deal with pests, drought and stress. I can give you sites for that as well.

Also, please remove the caps lock on your keyboard. In computer language it means that you are yelling and it's hard on the eyes.

Thanks,
Newt

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Thanks Newt!

I am a little short on time lately (off to trade shows for the next two weeks), so your help is doubly appreciated (In other words 2,000,000 thanks :lol: )

And if Newt is answering your question you are in good hands, Flower Goddess...

Scott

Newt
Greener Thumb

Hi Scott,

You are so welcome!! Wish I could travel with you. It must be exciting (and mind boggling) to see all the new goodies for next season! Travel safe, my friend!

Newt

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Thanks Newt!

I am actually on the ground floor for a new roll-out for 2005 that I cain't talk about just yet, but soon. SO I am working on the new goodies for next season (we'll talk about it all here in the near future...) :wink:

Scott

Newt
Greener Thumb

Yes, yes!! Tell all as soon as you can! :)

Newt

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

8)

Return to “Landscaping”