davidc
Newly Registered

Eating Leaves of Zucchini & Beans

Something is eating the leaves of my recently planted Zucchini & Beans. They were recently planted transplants which I sprayed with something that addresses Fungus, Mites & Insects. Yet the leaves are still being eaten. I don't see anything on the leaves other than ants.

Any thougts or solutions?

GardenJester

notice any shinning slime trails? might be slugs, put overturned pots between the rows and check if there are slugs taking shelter under it during the day.

davidc
Newly Registered

Now that you mention it and having since read some similiar postings with eaten leaves I do see slime and I bet they are slugs. I'll try the overturned pot thing to determine.

Does the beer trap work?

grease monkey

I've been told by my dad that the blossoms from squash & zucchini go good in salads to. Just let the fruit start good them take blossom off before it turns & eat it.

Dixana
Greener Thumb

Beer traps DO work, but put them away from the garden NOT in it. Beer seems to attrack every &@!$ slug within a zillion miles :evil:
When I used them I put them at least two feet outside the edges. Now I just give them places to hide and use tongs to hand pick them.
Watching them get salted never gets old :twisted:

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”