debs_13
Newly Registered

New Gardener - Can Anyone Help with Potted Fruit??

This is my first year gardening. I have an outdoor veggie garden at my parents and a couple of potted fruit plants here at my house. I am having a hard time with all of this. I really don't know what I am doing!!

I just purchased a raspberry plant and transplanted it yesterday and I realized the leaves seem to be green still but they have a reddish tint in the creases of each leaf. Also there is a small amount of dead leaves on the bottom. Should I remove them?

I also have a blueberry plant that has already had flowers and have fallen off and where the flowers fell off it is swelling and I think making a berry. But recently I have noticed that there are some leaves that have a very brown dry crispy tip. I don't know what it is lacking?? Any ideas? Also some of the leaves are turning a very deep red color?

I am getting ready to give up unfortunately because my veggie garden is not going well either

Maybe not cut out for this. :(

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I can't help with the raspberry problem, but I have blueberries. What size are the containers you have them in, and how much water have you been giving them? :?:

debs_13
Newly Registered

Well the raspberry is in a five gallon container and the blueberries are in a easy gro bag that I wanted to try out from the gardening store that is around here. I think it is a three gallon bag.

As for watering they really only get water when it rains and I water them twice a week with ph balanced water.

I really need more help with my raspberry because my blueberry is surprisingly doing better than anything else.

Return to “All Other Fruit”