nancy k
Newly Registered

I'm LOOKING TO BUY A ROSE BUSH...........

I'm LOOKING FOR A ROSE BUSH WITH THE NAME "EMMA". MY DAUGHTER JUST HAD A BABY GIRL & NAMED HER EMMA. FOR MOTHER'S DAY I WOULD LOVE TO GIVE HER A NEW BUSH FOR HER GARDEN. ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN FIND ONE?? THANK YOU!

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

Welcome to the forum Nancy! As you haven't given us where you are from, I am assuming you are in the U.S.?

There are a couple of roses named "Emma", although not always readily available. I have listed them here:

- "Emma" - Floribunda, bred in UK in 1980 by Colin Pearce. It's bloom is a dark pink, double bloom, with 17-25 petals and a strong fragrance. It's parentage is "Chanelle" X "Prima Ballerina", and it has 97 roses in it's bloodline. I was not able to locate a seller, but you may find it at a smaller nursery.

- "Emma" - Hybrid Perpetual, bred in Portugal, pre 1898 by Dr. Pedro Dias. This is all I could find about this rose.

- "Emma" - Hybrid Tea, bred in France in 1996 by Meilland Inc. It's bloom is light pink. It is carried by Carlton Rose Nurseries, Inc. Their web address is http:www//carltonrose.com

- "Little Emma" - I put this one in because it is "Little" (baby?)
Miniature, bred in the U.S. in 2005 by Ralph Moore. It's bloom is medium yellow, small double, in clusters, with no fragrance. It's height is 12-15". It's parentage is is "Little Darling" X "Yellow Jewell" and there are 99 roses in it's bloodline. This one is available at The Uncommon Rose, 3333 SW Brooklane Drive, Corvallis, Oregon, 97333, U.S.; Phone - 541-753-8871. Their web address is https://www.uncommonrose.com.

There are several other roses that contain the name Emma, so if you need more, we could see if any of them match up with her middle name if you like.
I hope this helps a bit. And Congratulations on being Grandma!! 8)

Val

Return to “Rose Forum”