mommybusybee
Newly Registered

To Humidify or Not to Humidify?

Hi guys. I'm fairly new to gardening (indoor/outdoor), so bear with me if I'm asking silly questions. :)

I've been getting into indoor bonzai set-ups lately and I'm thinking of investing my time and money into a new pet project. Only problem is, the project I'm going for is primarily indoor and decorative -- and I use humidifiers constantly.

I've always had breathing problems, so my studio apartment has my trusty [url=https://www.aprilairehumidifierparts.com/]Aprilaire Humidifier[/url]. Anyway, it's very powerful and I'm wondering if it's going to have an adverse effect on my bonzai plants. I don't want to ruin all of my hard work, but I also don't want to "not breathe." Have any of you guys ever come across a situation like this? O__O;

mommybusybee
Newly Registered

Another thing I should mention is that my apartment is dry. Like .....REALLY dry. Think that would effect it as well? :P

Victrinia Ridgeway

Your first post seems to contradict your second... however a really dry enviornment would have a negative impact on an temperate species bonsai which generally comes from an area with high humidity. But some of that can be off-set with humidity trays and daily misting, which I would do even if you are humidifying the house, as that will not match the humidity levels prefered by temperate trees.

Kindest regards,

Victrinia

mommybusybee
Newly Registered

I was afraid of that, actually.
I didn't mean to contradict myself. I was just curious to know if a dry environment would effect it as well as a VASTLY humid one.
Sorry for the confusion. ^^;

Return to “Indoor Bonsai Forum”