Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Does anyone have a good recipe for white pizza sauce?

I tried for awhile to make one up, but never had much success. I love white pizza! [img]https://www.smileyskit.com/affection/wub1.gif[/img]

Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

Define white pizza sauce, I have never seen nor heard of one. I have seen folks eat ranch dressing on pizza or bread sticks, is this what you mean?

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

No, not at all what I mean.

Hmmm ... I wonder if white pizzas are a west-coast thing? I don't really know how to describe them, except to say that there is no tomato sauce used. Usually, there aren't tomatoes on the pizza, either.

I tried using Alfredo sauce, but that wasn't right at all, so just thought I'd ask here.

Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

Perhaps I just don't get out much? But, we do eat at a nice buffet restaurant and they have all kinds of stuff. But Pizza does have tomato sauce on it.

I have seen things that say they have Alfredo sauce on them, no clue what that means either.

Maybe I just really need to get my head out of the garden more often? ha ha

kgall

The white pizza we get out here doesn't have sauce. Just some extra virgin olive oil, lots of garlic, basil and cheese.
Yummm!

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

kgall wrote:The white pizza we get out here doesn't have sauce. Just some extra virgin olive oil, lots of garlic, basil and cheese.
Yummm!
Well, hmmmm .... That's certainly informative! Perhaps I've been going about this completely wrong, making it harder than it needs to be! (Wouldn't be the first time I've done such a thing! :roll: )

So, you just slather the crust with olive oil, add garlic and basil, then top with cheese, sausage and all the other goodies? Is there a recommended amount of oil to use? ( ... just so I don't accidentally wash Oregon off the map with the stuff! :lol: )

Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

My husband, who eats out daily when at work, said, sure, it is Alfredo sauce on the pizzas. You get them at xxxx. See, I just don't get out alot!

He knew what they were immediately, he said they aren't bad.

kgall

You certainly don't want a pool of it. just enough to moisten the crust and hold the garlic, basil, and cheese on.

My husband reminded me that we did have white pizza where they had used italian dressing. I wasn't fond of it but he liked it.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Thanks for your advice! I'll try it out the next time I'm in the mood for a pizza! :D

applestar
Mod

Good thing we have a Recipe forum now, or we would have to banish your thread to the UNtomato Forum. :lol:

Sounds yum. I actually like pizzas variants and try anything that's unusual. :wink:

Brendasu

All white pizza's I've had were just the olive oil, no real sauce.

Our favorite is the shrimp scampi-pizza crust, light layer of olive oil, powdered garlic, shrimp, mozzerella cheese, cheddar cheese layered in that order.

Also a spinach pizza, pizza crust, light layer of olive oil, mozzerella & cheddar cheese, then a mixture of spinach, dried onion, fresh or dehydrated garlic, salt, pepper, ball spinach mixure up into 1/2 tsp & place on pizza.

Yummy!

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Wow! That spinach pizza sounds superb! Ya wouldn't wanta come by my place and make one for me, I suppose. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brendasu

Kismet, well no, but I can mail it out tonight for you?

It really is good, if you like garlic add a lot. For variation add bits of sausage and a ricotta cheese mixture of C.C, egg, garlic, S&P & dolop on top of the Mozz.

Brendasue

giannina
Newly Registered

Oh dear. I was browsing the forum and came upon this and joined just to answer this question. White pizza is made like this - crust, spread with olive oil (just enough to cover the whole crust w/a sheen), then ricotta cheese and mozzarella dotted around (in the same layer, not two seperate layers). Before cooking, you can also add other things, such as pepper, tomatoes, etc. if you'd like. When it comes out of the oven, you can put fresh basil on it if you'd like. A note on the cheeses, the ricotta commonly found in supermarkets should be drained first for best results (put it in cheesecloth for a bit or if you don't have that you can use a colander), and the mozz should either be fresh or don't use too much of it.

Kelsey Jane

Hey guys!

That sounded so amazing I had to try it myself! I luckily had some whole wheat pizza dough made from yesterday when my little bro came over and I made our usual pizza with red sauce :P

Anyway I took about a quarter of the dough and rolled it out placed it on a greased cast iron frying pan that had been warmed and browned both sides of the dough. I then added a mixture of oil and garlic to one side of the dough. I bought some organic spinach, tomatoes & mushrooms at planet organic today & they made great toppings! I just chopped them up and mixed them with feta cheese(didn't have ricotta...) then put a handful of mozza on top and a sprinkle of cheddar. Then into the oven...I baked it for 5 minutes( only because I like it crispy) then turned it to broil for another 5ish minutes. This would work so great for someone who has kids and wants to make individual pizzas because it was SO quick and easy.

Kisal I make a seafood pizza with white sauce. Is that what you are looking for?

Its about 2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
about a cup milk
garlic to taste(I like Lots of garlic)
Put it on the stove on a low-medium heat stir frequently and let thicken.
I make seafood pizza with this so I then stir in crab,shrimp, scallops...or whatever I have in the freezer(crab is usually imitation but good none the less :lol: )
I stir about half a cup green onions as well,put it on the crust then put on mozza and parmesan pop on the oven cook for about 20 minutes

Hope that helps!
Happy cooking!!!

Kels
:)

WinglessAngel
Green Thumb

the only white pizza I have ever had was with alfredo sauce and it had herbs and grilled chicken mixed in with a little mozz on top...very yummy....but it's not white but ive made bbq chicken pizza at home with bbq sauce instead of marinara and it's wonderful!

Return to “Canning - Preserving - Recipes”