Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Peppers in bloom (and fruiting)

Finally it was the time to move my first batch of peppers upstairs, and into the sunlight - 6 hours of it is enough for peppers for now, and will get more as the daylight increases.

All blooming, some actually formed the fruit :flower:

[img]https://drphotography.smugmug.com/Garden/2010-Garden/2010blushingbeauty0227/798168569_VZYiU-XL.jpg[/img]

[img]https://drphotography.smugmug.com/Garden/2010-Garden/2010peppers03061/804346888_6z4Ey-XL.jpg[/img]

[img]https://drphotography.smugmug.com/Garden/2010-Garden/2010peppers03062/804347004_7j8yC-XL.jpg[/img]

[img]https://drphotography.smugmug.com/Garden/2010-Garden/2010peppers03063/804346607_LVveU-XL.jpg[/img]

And there is a little friend roaming around the flowers:

[img]https://drphotography.smugmug.com/Garden/2010-Garden/2010peppers03065/804346788_HRAUT-XL.jpg[/img]

I know, planted them couple of weeks too soon... But there are 2 more batches that follow, 2 weeks apart, so I can actually "manage" the growth.

Regards,
D

donworden
Cool Member

I know I shouldn't feel this way, buuuuuuutttt I do have a bad case of the green eyed monster looking and your pictures duh_vinci. They look gorgeous!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Yup! Beautiful pictures of beautiful little plants!

toxicburn1

ALREADY PEPPERS? When did you plant em?
Superb pix!

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

The first batch was seeded in mid December (bit too soon), but managable still.

Next year will do in early January, I think it would save me some time and work, and still have tall, healthy plants in time for the transplant into the garden. I actually expect them to slow down a lot when they in the ground. Peppers don't seem to do well until night temperatures are in the 60's and the soil is consistently warm.

Regards,
D

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Dang bro my pepper plants are like 1/50 that size.

Looking good as usual D_V.

Zapatay

WOW.... The green is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing

Dixana
Greener Thumb

I'm so jealous!!!!! My little peppers are probably not even going to need to be up potted before the garden transfer! They are beautiful plants! Do you have any tricks or secrets? The mix the soil, fertilizer, etc?

SarahSarah
Cool Member

Gorgeous peppers!! Mine are already in their pots outside, I'm hoping that they do well. No bells this year for me, only chili peppers.

GardenerX

Awww that is so cool my pepper sprouts accualy just sprouted and I planted them a while back. Do they ussualy take a long time to sprout, my seeds were yellow, orange, and red. I don't know what type of peppers they are but, DAGUM!!! Thay took forever to sprout. Maybe it's how I did it thats different. Anyways I love your plants, GOOD JOB!!!!!!

nes
Green Thumb

donworden wrote:I know I shouldn't feel this way, buuuuuuutttt I do have a bad case of the green eyed monster looking and your pictures duh_vinci. They look gorgeous!
Yes, I don't want to repeat the first word that came to mind when I saw this thread title!

I finally got my peppers to germinate after trying for 4 weeks (no light dummy! oops!) so I don't have as much reason to be jealous, but still... . :twisted:

:lol: Nice to know I'm not the only one with a gazillion lady bugs in their house! :)

Joyfirst
Green Thumb

They are so beautiful! So that's why my peppers didn't sprout! No light at first? But how do they do that outside?

soil
Greener Thumb

beautiful photos, love em :D

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Joyfirst wrote:They are so beautiful! So that's why my peppers didn't sprout! No light at first? But how do they do that outside?
I'm not quite sure what nes meant, but the pepper seedlings do need plenty of light as soon as they have germinated. Usually what makes the difference in whether or how fast they germinate is heat. They like a nice warm soil. Mine are on a heat pad and they germinate in about a week.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”