fallnroc

pictures of my bonsai - scroll down

How do I email to this web sight? I've tried helpfulgardener.com and gardeningforum.com and neather one of them will go through. I'm trying to send some pictures of my Juniper that is in need of help. Anyone got any ideas

Marsman
Green Thumb

Take a look at the link in my signature block. That will show you how to host a picture.

fallnroc

I tryed all those and couldn't get them to transfer

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

You can't email, but you can send a private message (PM) to the webmaster, who is very helpful. Find the little grayish letters under Search the Forum, that say You have no new messages. Click on that and it will take you to your Inbox. Click on New Post. Put webmaster in the Username box. That is who you will be sending the message to. Ask Roger (webmaster) to help you post your pictures...

I went to imagesshack but you didn't give us enough info to find your pictures. I use photobucket myself, so don't know how to tell you what to do at imagesshack.

Good Luck!

Marsman
Green Thumb

Fallnroc,

Are you trying to post a picture in a thread, like this?
[img]https://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae50/marsman61/Bonsai/Acerbuergerianumroot-over-gargoyle.jpg[/img]

Or, are you trying to e-mail a picture to someone?

Bonsai Nutcase

Marsman- AWESOME picture! Is that a clay figurine used in root-over-rock fashion?

Marsman
Green Thumb

Yes, that's a Nick Lenz creation, root over rock. You can see how the tree has crushed the gargoyle figure.

Bonsai Nutcase

Still pretty darn cool! 8)

Marsman
Green Thumb

I'm going to try on on this.

[img]https://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae50/marsman61/Bonsai/Root%20Over%20Rock/f2c1ea30.jpg[/img]

Bonsai Nutcase

OMG, I love it! Please, please post some pictures when it's done! Nothing like a bonsai that bites back!

fallnroc

ok yes that is the way I'm trying to get each picture sent to here. I have followed all the steps but it will not transfer. I tryed all three ways but can't paste or anything else. I must be dumber then a box of rocks but I just can't get it to work. In photobucket under fallnroc there are the pictures I'm trying to send . Please help me send them. Mars you seen to know how to get a picture here could you go to photobucket and send my pictures here for me? Thank you I like your skull and gargoyle that is truly some thing I would like to learn how to do! Really cool! Or email me at fallnroc@yahoo.com and I'll send you the pictures.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

[img]https://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/fallnroc/2008-2009210.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/fallnroc/2008-2009209.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/fallnroc/2008-2009208.jpg[/img]

Once you are looking at your pictures in photobucket, put your cursor on one and all the different kinds of links will pop up below the picture. The bottom one is the IMG link. Just copy that and paste it into here.

Now if you click on these pictures (here) you will see them bigger.

fallnroc

Thank you rainbow. I needed the help thank you again. Now does anybody got any ideas about what the problem is?

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

fallnroc,

you have not actually asked a question in this thread. If you wish to receive meaningful replies please confine yourself to one thread per topic, thanks.

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22730
https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22753

Your tree does not look particularly unhealthy to me, just poorly potted.

Norm

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Are those glued on rocks? I'm not a bonsai grower, but from reading in this forum, they usually say to pry off or otherwise remove the glued down rocks, to let the soil breath better and be able to better assess when it needs to be watered.

fallnroc

Yes I did ask the question can you help? As I stated before I just bought this Juniper two weeks ago and after watering it for the third time it seems as though the roots have pushed up into a ball. I have the pictures on here now thanks to rainbowgardener. I don't know what is wrong with it but now that the roots seem to be balled up the trunk is wobbly. It looks like the trunk is about to break at the roots. The rocks are loose and not glued. I hope this question is now better asked. Becouse I really need help I'm Knew at this and I have no green thumb. I do have dirt under my nails and like my Daddy use to say "get dirt under your nails and soon there a green thumb will grow". He should know he could make a rock grow. Again thank you.

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

fallnroc,

As I mentioned I think it is simply poorly potted. If it were mine I think I would re-pot it soon. It looks healthy enough and the time of year is correct for you. Bonsai soil in general, and soil for a Juniper in particular, is usually very open and loose. The soil under the rocks is likely dense and peaty which is not really appropriate.

Since you mentioned that you have little experience with this sort of thing have a look at this thread.

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3422

Norm

fallnroc

Gnome thank you this is very helpfull and I'll get some new soil this weekend and replant. Thank you very much

TomM
Greener Thumb

I hope you have someone to help with the repotting. The tree will need to be wired into the pot using a mesh screen covering the drain hole(s) and clipped firmly in place with a wire butterfly. Then a loop of aluminum wire brought up through the mesh is needed to anchor the tree in place and tied down. The roots of the tree may need pruning, and a layer of your new bonsai soil medium goes into the bottom of the pot -and fresh soil is added all around the tree, worked slowly filling any little gaps with a chopstick. Then a good, but gentle, soaking is needed - and a recovery period with no hot sun.
You'll be getting more advice from others here - but that is a start. Best of luck.
TomM

fallnroc

thank you Tom I had no idea of most of what you advised me on . I did know about the screens over the holes but not all the wiring to be done. I now have a line to a bonsai society in Houston so now I have another source for help. Again I thank everone for all your help. Soon to be a bonsai master RIGHT! Could happen RIGHT! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[quote]Get dirt under your nails and soon there a green thumb will grow- Leslie Merritt Sr.

fallnroc

Thank everyone for all your help. I learned a valueable lesson early and that is don't buy from road side vender! After inspecting my Juniper a little closer I tend to beleave it came from a cliping and not a true tree. oh well it will be fun. Also being from a road side vender money money money is the main interest. Not only was it not potted right it was potted in a plastic container in black potting soil. As soon as I can find a good pot and some good grit to ad to this soil and maybe som baked pottery to add to the soil I 'll repot it right. Maybe the nursery will help me cut the wiring from it and help rewire and repot my plant right. Again thanks to everyone for all your help. It is so nice to see people that really want to help and well go the extra mile to help. THANK YOU

panda
Newly Registered

fallnroc wrote:Thank you rainbow. I needed the help thank you again. Now does anybody got any ideas about what the problem is?
hi, I've also had a problem with my bonsai that looks just like this - I THINK it is because my soil was too moist, which caused a growth of this strange carpety type white mould.

I checked out some books at the library and could find much out :?

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”