hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Annual Flower Garden (jungle) update September

Still growing and producing lots of flowers, though plants are showing signs of late season stress. Fiesta del sol are mostly six to eight feet tall with zinnias being the dominant short growth plant. Zinnas and most other plants are in the three to four foot height, but also lots of weedly undergrowth and some shorter flowering plants.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/15582147@N04/3889222263/in/photostream/

Jewell
Cool Member

Wow! those are the tallest zinnias I've ever seen :shock: and the Fiesta are humungous. Great garden! :D

GeorgiaGirl

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. You must have plenty of butterfly visitors!

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Dozens of butterflies are usually active at any given time of the day. I also am continuing to increase the number and kinds of butterfly host plants in the yard.

Rose White

hendi_alex wrote:Still growing and producing lots of flowers, though plants are showing signs of late season stress. Fiesta del sol are mostly six to eight feet tall with zinnias being the dominant short growth plant. Zinnas and most other plants are in the three to four foot height, but also lots of weedly undergrowth and some shorter flowering plants.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/15582147@N04/3889222263/in/photostream/
The video of your garden is amazing! Thanks for sharing. :flower:

purple flowers
Newly Registered

Sooo SOoo pretty.....I can hardly wait to see the sun again.....And I love that you use an electric fence....Does it work well for you?

H

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

The electric fence is no longer in use. Was a failed experiment to keep the lab in our yard. The deer jump the four foot fence like it isn't even there.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I find this sort of thing keeps the deer out, the deer do not have good distance eye site and have a hard time seeing the fence so they do not jump it.
Nice flower jungle, just lovely.

[url]https://www.google.com/products?hl=en&source=hp&q=deer+fence&oq=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=vsebS-jxO430sgPr1s2dAg&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CDAQrQQwAA[/url]

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

It is kind of interesting. We have lots of deer, squirrels, raccoons, yet most years they do very little damage to the garden. In a very dry year sometimes the deer will forage in the yard an do some limited damage, but is usually a very manageable issue.

Return to “Wildlife - Gardening with Local Critters in Mind”