wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Game #4-THANKFUL THURSDAY

On Thursday, name something/someone/somewhere that makes you happy or thankful. Since it's not Thursday here in MI, you all will have to wait for mine.
Last edited by wingdesigner on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

OK, it's Thursday! I'm thankful you people put up with my corny games...

Seriously: thankful that the spousal unit came through some pretty rough surgery, even though progress will be slow.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I'm thankful for your spouse too, Wing :)

Also that starting next week I'm gradually reducing my hours more in my step-wise semi-retirement program, so that by spring gardening season I will only be working 3 days a week! YAY!

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I'm thankful for my acupuncturist, who is helping my shoulder stay mostly pain free. :)

pepper4
Green Thumb

I am thankful I still have a job :!: Oh and I'm also thankful for your "corny games" windesigner. :wink:

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Awww, thanks Pepper4! Oops, does that count? :o

I'm thankful for the snow cover here, even if I have to shovel it off the pavement and rake it off the roof!

pepper4
Green Thumb

I am thankful the snow cover is melting so I don't have to shovel or knock down icesicles. :)

petalfuzz
Green Thumb

I am thankful for my wonderful DH who has been right there with me through these hard times...

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

I am thankful for good plumbers who know what they're doing and don't try to pull the wool over my eyes. (Three guesses what I've been doing today!)

No more "phantom fill-ups"!

Marsman
Green Thumb

I'm thankful for my dearest wife, Laura. She keeps me grounded when I'm going off the deep end. She makes me smile when all I see are gray clouds. She gave me the most wonderful daughter in the world. She is the center of my world, the core of my being.

Love you, Sweetie!! :D

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Thankful that spousal unit came through second major surgery since Christmas. It'll be a long, slow recovery, but at least I can reciprocate for the times of nursing me through my two surgeries.

Also celebrating 18 years of wedded bliss! (Everybody say "AWWWW!)

O:)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

AWWWWW!!!

What a bunch of sweet guys we have around here... Gardening must bring out the best in a fella!

I'm thankful that it is Feb, meaning we have only about one more month of really awful weather and then it will be March and down to yuccky, and time to start out door planting! :)

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Thanks, rainbowgardener! You must live either near the lake or far southern part if you can plant any time in March!

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Congratulations, Wing!

And I'm glad your other half came through the surgery okay. :)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Yup Cincinnati, just up the hill from the Ohio River. We are a bit protected here in the Ohio River Valley. Dayton, one hour north is always significantly colder and windier.

It's usually around mid March when I plant seeds for cold weather crops like spinach, swiss chard, lettuce and put out the broccoli and cabbage I have already growing under lights right now. We still do get some frosts after that, but all that cold weather stuff survives it.

wingdesigner
Super Green Thumb

Ah. I wondered if you were just talking about cold-weather stuff. I couldn't imagine anything else going in-ground in OH, anywhere! I come down to Lebanon/Monroe? OH once or twice a year to check out the big flea markets and poke around Lebanon. And get my waffle fix at the Waffle House!

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”