Gerrie

Garden Plotting Tool

Hi all, I've found a wonderful site tool to help plot out your garden. It's called GrowVeg.com and it allows you to put in your square foot measurments and garden plots according to your plans. Then you fill in the plots with plants you plan to plant. It groups the plants according to family and helps you know what to palnt together for rotating you plots next year. I took a picture of what I did and will try :? to post it here. Be on alert please to help with the picture. T :? Thanks

Ridiculous

this is brilliant! as a new gardener I'm excited to try this out!

Gerrie

blechh!

Gerrie

Hot dang!can someone help me out here?

[img]https://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab236/Gerrie_photos/Veggie%20Plans/CatsKitchenplantCharts012.jpg[/img] OK!!

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Cool, good luck with your garden this year!!!

Regards,
D

Gerrie

As you can see (finally), I have printed out my plans and mounted them on one of those styrofoam poster boards from the dollar store. I measured all my plots and put the total at the top for the sake of amendments to the soil-you know 4 cups per hundred square feet, that kind of stuff. I really like looking at the colored picures, makes me feel like something is happening.

Gerrie

Thanks duh_vinci, if my uploading of photos is any indication, I will need all the luck I can get!

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Color is always good! And when that color would appear in your garden - happiness would really shine through!

As for the images - just hover the mouse over the picture in the album of photobucket, drop down menu comes at the bottom, copy entire string next to "IMG code" sign, and just paste it directly into the post.

Regards,
D

Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

Don't feel bad Gerrie, many of us cannot post photos in forums, I simply give the link to my photo bucket account... And only have garden stuff in the photo bucket gallery.... since I can't post to forums either.
I have been checking out the many tools online for planning out the garden also... Looks like you did a lot more than just look!
Good Job!
Hey, growing a garden, and posting pics on forums are not the same thing at all!

Gerrie

Thanks Ozark, I've just discovered the two heat pads I bought have two hour automatic shut off. SOO.... back to the store they go. I hope all the other brands have not done the same thing to their products, getting up in the middle of the night every two hours for a baby was one thing.....

nes
Green Thumb

It's fun to play with but I wouldn't use it to plan out my gardening, I'm not sure they've really got all the spacing right :?.

Gerrie

Do you think the spacing is too close?

nes
Green Thumb

Some too close some too far, or maybe I'm just having a hard time seeing the grid properly.

Gerrie

I'll take a closer look at the spacing- I thought that the drop down menu for each plant gave the spcing requirements, but maybe I'm wrong. I used the pictures mainly to show what I wanted to plant where, because I tend to get so enthused out in the garden that I forget my plans, the rules, the basics and the future growth. The plan I made will help me stay on track with what goes where, at least. LOL.

Rob_NZ

I've had a look at this site and I signed up for the trial. I'm quite surprised by how much I like it.

In regard to the spacing, it looks like it is done soley by space required by roots. It is definately not done by ground coverage, otherwise pumpkins would be five time the size they are in the software.

There are too many variables in each of our gardens to cover all the angles in regard to spacing, I guess.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”