Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Seeds - finally, well organized!

I finally had a chance to organize the seeds!

Plastic containers with the lids worked fine, but I wanted something a little more compact (other than 2-3 containers), and easily accessible.

CD storage case from Ebay, very affordable:

[img]https://drphotography.smugmug.com/photos/765746249_JkfNb-XL.jpg[/img]

[img]https://drphotography.smugmug.com/photos/765746327_zaeLn-XL.jpg[/img]

[img]https://drphotography.smugmug.com/photos/765746401_jivPF-L.jpg[/img]

Sleeves are double sided, all labeled right out of the box, and very easy to slide the seed packets in and out:

[img]https://drphotography.smugmug.com/photos/765746482_mw2Tn-XL.jpg[/img]

I think that the only other addition I will do, is I'm going to add an alphabet labels to tomatoes... Aside from that - I'm rather happy with the purchase and how it worked out. Now - everything is in one place!

Regards,
D

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Oh very nice!!

nes
Green Thumb

Well you just put my shoe box to shame....

That is SOOOOO COOOL!!!!!!!!!! What a great idea!!!!

SP8
Green Thumb

Looks great!!!
Sure beats my zip-lock bags :oops:

garden5
Super Green Thumb

That is a really nice set-up you have.

Tell me, did you make those cards yourself or are they from a catalog or seed packet? The ones that are in the zip-lock bags.

Pretty you'll be able to start opening those cases and setting every thing in motion.

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Nes - There are few things I still have - shoe box! Now stuffed with cut-up old window blinds for labels!

SP8 - can't do with out the zip-lock bags! All the seeds are in them, then into the sleeves (and couple of packets of desiccant in the box)

garden5 - not because I have OCD (I don't), but because I've visual learner, those labels quickly identify what I have, and can't remember everything about the variety, so labels help. Some of them from the vendors, some just cut from commercial catalogs (as long as the description accurately matches the actual variety), some I type up myself.

Regards,
D

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Very impressive. You never cease to amaze me DV.

joshbuchan

wow I love it!
I don't have nearly anouth seeds to fill one of them bad boys.

BrianSkilton
Green Thumb

DV, looks very nice and organized! I wanted to do something like this but I ended up just getting some coin envelopes printing the seeds description with picture on the envelope, and rubber banding the type of veg (peppers, tomatoes etc). Your idea is amazing though, looks very good. :)

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Oh, if I could take a credit - I would, but not my invention by far. I've seen seeds stored in these cases many time, just procrastinated until now to get organized...

And Nick - exactly what I've had up to this point, small, yellow coin envelopes, rubber banded. Works well, I know!

Regards,
D

Gerrie

Way Cool!!!

applestar
Mod

When I first saw your photos, I said to myself, I could never do that -- that's WAY too neat. But after looking around at my seeds that are "stored" in about 5 different places, finding another brown paper bag of unshelled beans (Purple Podded Pole) on top of the fridge, and realizing I need to take inventory before ordering any more new seeds... :roll: ....

I came back to look at your photos again... and had to chuckle as it registered that your TOMATO section is taking up the entire first row! :lol:

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

LOL "Inventory" - tell me about it! While organizing between 3 boxes, found additional packets of sweet and spicy greens/lettuce varieties! Forgot about them completely! Seeded them in the long window type pot, all sprouted, in a week or two will be munching on some fresh cut greens again!

And for the first row in the box - you noticed, huh :lol: Expansion of the garden is in the works as soon as the ground warms up a little!

Regards,
D

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”