huskie

I get them from the office as well! I love'm

SkyKero
Cool Member

:) -- tomrrow I will go get the coffee grounds from my local QT .. :) ..
He said the 5gallon will be full by tomorrow and I just took it today! .. :shock: :shock:

INCREDIBLE ... yay!!! :D

2cents
Green Thumb

Too much UCG will spoil the soil.
I've added over two inches in an area of the garden and it would not produce. :oops:
My suggestion is Keep the amount under 1/2 inch and turn it in to the soil.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Or just keep throwing it in your compost pile. I've started bringing the coffee grounds home from work, to balance out all the fall leaves in my pile...

joshbuchan

wow just reading this has realy helped me out loads! I was planing on feeding my worms on a good 50% used coffee and 50% kitchen waste, but I was just woundering were I would find that much used coffee with out buying it and turning myself into a coffe holick! I do like to sleep at night (wrighting message at 00:50am in the morning....)
I am going to have a ask around 2moz and going to ask my family if they would save them for me, thanks.

sixshooter

My friend work at a coffee shop and gave me about 15 lbs of UNUSED coffee grounds. Some kind of fudge flavored coffee. Is this ok to put into my compost?

rot
Greener Thumb

Food safe = compost safe

Jake L.

At my new house that we are going to be moving into, we have about a 10'x10'x10' pile of leaves. Could I add some coffee grounds to the pile of leaves to accelerate the process of making humus?

Return to “Composting Forum”