Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Christmas Ghost?

I took this picture

[/img][img]https://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd5/charliemv/chrismas%20Boat/ChristmasBoat008.jpg[/img]

Then this one

And then this one

[/img][img]https://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd5/charliemv/chrismas%20Boat/ChristmasBoat007.jpg[/img]

The night was clear and full of stars. My wife was there with me. We took the pictures to have picures of the decorations. In the second picture the foggy apparition showed up. We didn't notice it until we loaded the pics into the computer. We slept with a night light that night.
Last edited by Charlie MV on Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

JohnnySolo

I might see a face in that. eyes closed, mouth agape

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

I think I see Thomas Jefferson.

sprout

It's Jerry, man! Sorry I couldn't resist. I get spooked easy and humor helps :wink:

SkyKero
Cool Member

that is very cool... and a little creepy .. thanks for sharing... :shock:

petalfuzz
Green Thumb

It's gone! Too bad I missed it...

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

I fixed it with explanation. Sorry about that.

I showed it to some dockmates and for some reason none of them stuck around for the weekend.

Marsman
Green Thumb

What were you smokin'? :wink:

Pebbles

I see a huge foot covering the bottom left hand side of the pic - anybody else see this?

Marsman
Green Thumb

Wait, I think I see the Easter Bunny!

[img]https://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae50/marsman61/Fun%20Stuff/ChristmasBoat006-1-2.jpg[/img]

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

That was great Marsman!

And Pebbles, I didn't see that until you mentioned it but I see it now. This is getting kind of scary. I blew up the original at photoshop and the foot is really clear. It even appears somewhat flesh colored.

Marsman, could you paint the toenails with photoshop?
Last edited by Charlie MV on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Marsman
Green Thumb

Actually, when I lean my head over onto my right shoulder when looking at the original photo, I see a face quite clearly.

Oooooohhh!!! Spoooooky! :o

Pebbles

Looks like the toenails are already painted. A sort of purple colour?

I am sure I am missing something here. Now I see a small man in the mist on top of the boat - looks like he has his arms outstretched with a white shirt open bearing his chest. Is this supposed to be the Easter bunny? Forgive me for being a bit of a donkey..... the fermented grape juice has just started to kick in :wink:

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Pebbles, actually, that is photoshopping by Marsman and very entertaining. I have a feeling that MM may discover even more apparitions as time goes by.
I certainly hope so.

The original 3 pictures are as I took them about 20 seconds apart and I haven't done any doctoring. I hadn't noticed the foot until you pointed it out. It was a clear starry night when I took the pictures. I can't account for the fog that came and went in a matter of seconds. My wife was with me and neither of us saw it. It just turned up in the photo.

Marsman
Green Thumb

Oh no, there goes Tokyo!

[img]https://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae50/marsman61/Fun%20Stuff/ChristmasBoat006-1-4.jpg[/img]

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Marsman, I'm loving this. Could you doctor one of the clear shots of the boat with Popeye on the flybridge in addition to the other stuff you've done. Use your imagination.

I do a slideshow on our big TV for my nephews at Thanksgiving. I've already swiped some of your other treasures. They will be shown only on my TV. The boys are 5 and 9. They "pilot" the boat until they get bored , jump up and leave. They would love the stuff you do. Where can I learn to do it?

Marsman
Green Thumb

Just for you, Charlie.

[img]https://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae50/marsman61/Fun%20Stuff/Christmas-Boat.jpg[/img]
Click on picture for larger view.

I used Photoshop to 'enhance' this shot. Just get a copy and play, play, play.

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

That is perfect. Thank you for doing it. I'll get photoshop and play. May I post this enhanced photo elsewhere?

Marsman
Green Thumb

It's all yours! :)

a0c8c
Greener Thumb

Interesting, wonder what the original second shot looked like. I'm sure Godzillla would love snacking on that boat though.

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

a0c8c wrote:Interesting, wonder what the original second shot looked like. I'm sure Godzillla would love snacking on that boat though.
The first three pictures are original and un-doctored. They appear in the first post in the thread. I apologize that they have disappeared a few times. I didn't know that when I created photo albums that I was messing up the original url. Hopefully thet are ok now.

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

I took 3 pictures as fast as my digital camera would cycle. My wife and I were on the dock about 5 feet apart. It was a clear night. Stars were out. The 3 pictures were taken in the order I took them.

Neither my wife nor I saw the cloudy thing in the second picture. I used a flash. I was looking through the camera when I shot the pictures. My wife says she didn't notice anything in the flash.

Be it a dreadful apparition or some fluky thing due to conditions within the camera, I don't know. It really did spook us when we loaded it into the computer and looked at the pictures. I took an additional 20 or so pictures from different angles. The middle picture in my original post was the only one that had the cloudy thing.

We have had some fun with this thanks to a very creative Marsman but I don't know how to photo-shop and you'll have to accept my word on that I guess. The pictures in the original post are exactly what the camera took with absolutely no augmentation from me. I took them.

Here's one more, peace on earth, good will to men. Merry Christmas.

[img][img]https://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd5/charliemv/chrismas%20Boat/anotherboat002-1.jpg[/img][/img]

This was taken a few minutes later. The lights in the background are on a street light.

Marsman
Green Thumb

Charlie, the boat looks great!

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Thanks Marsman we have enjoyed it as have the neighbors.

Gerrib, I was just teasing you. I have yet to run into meanness at The Helpful Gardener.

GerriB

Am enjoying your pictures, by the way!

tomf
Super Green Thumb

This is a photo I took when walking on one of my roads.

[img]https://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/twistedtomf/Ghoastbride.jpg[/img]

Marsman
Green Thumb

[img]https://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae50/marsman61/GWJ/orlybabylw2.gif[/img]

Gracie James
Newly Registered

Wow, that is a classic ghost picture.
I used to volunteer at a boyscout camp in California when I lived there, and this camp literally WAS haunted.
For one thing, underneath the archery range were three human skeletons with no heads. Creepy, I know.
Then there was this really cool adobe. We all just called it the old adobe, and I never knew the real name for it. But there were too many legends about it to count.
This is my favorite legend about it, and like all legends the facts are fuzzy, but all show the same picture.
The adobe was built by monk(s) who were trying to bring religion to the native americans that lived there, so they made the adobe. During this time, there was a rainstorm and one of the rooms collapsed. They never repaired it. Later, men came and for whatever reason, killed one of the monks. Some people told it in their story that he didn't beleive the right things, or that he commited a sin or just made these new guys really angry. Whatever it was, they killed him.
To stop the other monks from doing whatever the first guy did, when repairing the damaged room, they put his bones in some of the bricks.
Much later in time, a woman was staying at the adobe. One morning, when she woke, there was a man dressed in monks clothes muttering verses from the bible. She ran out of the room half naked and when she and a few others came back, he was gone.
My father, in 2007, while walking to the campmaster trailer said he saw a lantern inside. It was moving and he was about to go inside to scold whatever cubscout was inside, but when he made a move towards it, the light went out. When he and the ranger went in, there was no sign the light was ever there. Oh, and in California there are no fireflies.
So, as an activity, you could earn what we called the Ghost Hunter Patch. You had to either sleep in the adobe for one night or go out to the archery range until midnight snapping pictures. People brought disposable cameras and digital, and no matter what, at leats two or three of the pictures had the same eerie white smoke you have in your picture. And no one was allowed to smoke cigarettes, the camp was in the middle of the desert and the activity was done in the summer, so there was very little change of fog, and no flashlights were allowed, because they "scared away the ghosts". All the cameras had flash, so in Ranger's explanation, the ghosts didn't like flashlights, but when the flash went off on a camera, they would be caught in it too late. When I'm on the right computer, I'll post my favorite pictures. Either way, I've beleived in ghosts since :)
Oh, and I've heard of a legend of a seaman who was sailing up cape cod, and it got so cold that other men were offering to take turns. But he said no, and everyone stayed down under the deck in their rooms. When the storm subsided, they came up and found thta he was still alive, but his hands were dead and frozen to the wheel. So they had to cut them off, and they brought him down to his cot. He died, and when they got back up to the deck, the hands were gone.
Maybe a similar legend goes for your foot :()

joshbuchan

creepy, I took a picture of a church once cuz it looked like one out of a movie, well when I uploaded it on to my pc I zoomed in and I swear to god I c a ghost sitting on a wall next to the gate on the left side of the pic and a woman walking by the sgine on the right, also if u look hard anouth at the very right hand side of the tower at the top u can c a grim reaper but that just might be me making shapes with my mind.... take a look and tell me what u think.

[img]https://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9066/dsc00007wu.jpg[/img]

Charlie MV
Greener Thumb

Marsman? Do you see anything?

Return to “Non-Gardening Related Hoo-ha and Foo”