steffenland

Lemon tree leaves turning yellow

Hi,

I brought my healthy lemon tree into the garage for winter and within a couple of weeks it turned yellow on the top leaves, anyone knows what’s causing this?

The garage is heated to 8-10C /46-50F, watering as infrequent as possible with a very mild fertilizer solution every second watering. I also have an older tree that’s stored next to the sick one, and with the same routines its healthy.
My guess is nitrogen poisoning from over feeding it, but then it reacted to the fertilizer a month after the over feeding?
The green lemons also got some strange white/yellow patters going on as you can see on the picture.
Attachments
1.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg

applestar
Mod

first suggestion - check very closely with bright lights for citrus red mites. Some of my citruses turned similar color due to excessive chlorophyll loss from their attack. ( mine has no fruits so I don’t know if the fruit symptoms are indicative.)

my solution was releasing P. californicus predatory mites

steffenland

When you mentioned it, I did have a lot of tiny brown dots on there that I washed off with a shower, I assumed it was some dirt from one of my garage projects:O

Return to “Lemon Growing Discussions”