ButterflyGarden

Droopy Lemon Tree?

My lemon tree is droopy? The soil around it is wet but it has been VERY hot here (100-115 F). Does it need more water? Is it too much water?
Attachments
20170713_110015.jpg
20170713_110009.jpg
20170713_110000.jpg

thanrose
Greener Thumb

Citrus need very well drained soil. Generally, in Florida we don't even mulch around them or let grass or crops grow up to the trunk. They need some water of course, but only in drought, and we are a bit more humid than Israel.

Your retaining wall may actually be detrimental if it shades the soil enough to leave it damp. If you have irrigation for lawn or other crops, you want to shield the citrus from a lot of it.

They don't look bad. You may experience some leaf drop if the roots have been too damp, but I'm thinking if you just let them dry out a bit, your trees will look better by end of summer. You also may want to remove most or all of the fruit now to avoid stressing the trees.

ButterflyGarden

Thanks. I went away for a week and a half and my husband was taking care of things for me. He may have over watered it. I will try letting it dry out a bit. There is a drip irrigation in the soil there but not near the tree. I usually only give it a (very) light watering in the morning or mid-day if it is really hot.

Return to “Lemon Growing Discussions”