Detral

How to Grow Meyer Lemon Tree Inside Indoors?

Hi helpful gardeners! I would like to get a Meyer lemon tree to grow in a pot. My main room has windows facing nw and se. I'd like to build a coffee table on wheels around my tree. I will keep the tree outside in the summer when it is hot and we get lots of sun

1. My house will be quite dry here in the winter (northern Alberta). I'm thinking about at nighttime wheeling my coffee table tree into the baby's room next door with the humidifier. Will this be enough if it's dry during the day?
2. The room gets good light, but winter here doesn't , only about 7 hours in December. Will I need a grow light? If so, any ways to make this work for a tree?

Thanks!

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Less movement. While citrus has waxier leaves than fig do, changing humidity is harder than not. If you have a radiator or heat register near your windows, better to place the tree away from those.

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

Keep it in a cool area, above freezing but as cool as possible. Florescent lights work well, shop lights with full spectrum daylight bulbs. Keep the light as close as possible to the top of the tree.

Return to “Lemon Growing Discussions”