Claudi11
Newly Registered

Middle Leaves of Hosta Turned Yellow with Holes

HELP!!! I have hostas on either side of my drive, all along the garage, and along the fence in my backyard. This year all of my green hostas on one side of my driveway and along my fence line seem to be infested with something. At first I thought my neighbor went crazy with her weed spray but alas not the case.

The middle leaves have turned yellow and have holes in them. the under leaves are fine.

All of my variegated hostas are fine and not infested(odd being part of the area is every other one.

It has taken 12 years of splitting and replanting to fill in all of the areas I wanted with these beauties, I am just so upset at the thought of having to pull up and throw out all of my hostas!!!!

Please help :shock:

BrittB
Newly Registered

Would you be able to post some pictures of the hostas that are being attacked, specifically pictures of the leaves? Also, is it all of the hostas that aren't variegated, or just some of them?

skiingjeff
Green Thumb

Another question, is it just the leaves turning yellow or are the roots actually gone causing the leaves to die? Voles will burrow under the plants and eat the roots. They especially seem to like hosta. This year we lost all the hosta in one area of our flower gardens.

Return to “Hosta”