confuciuskitty
Newly Registered

Sick Hosta, Please Help (Photo)

My Hosta recently started to exhibit symptoms of withering leaves, red-tinged spots and what looks like sunburn although it is well watered. I hope I posted this picture correctly. Could someone please tell me what could be wrong and how can I fix this poor little thing? Any help would be appreciated. Btw, I'm new here and my name is Kitty....I love roses and sunflowers and all other plants and flowers. I'm 47 and this is a pretty new hobby for me so please be patient if I ask alot of questions! Thanks.
Kitty..:)

[img]https://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac149/confuciuskitty/hosta.jpg[/img]

bullthistle
Greener Thumb

Looks as if they are getting burned either too much sun or wind or a combination of both. They will recoup if you protect them more.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Welcome to the forum! A lot of my hostas are looking a lot like that. Just too much heat and drought and I haven't spared a lot of water for them. I'm not worrying about it too much. It's nearing the end of the season for them any way. They will come back just fine in the spring.

confuciuskitty
Newly Registered

Thank you so much for the replies. I was relieved to find out the hosta will be ok.... :D

Kitty

Return to “Hosta”