greengardener
Newly Registered

NEED HELP!!my apple trees are sick

I have had apple trees in my garden for as long as I can remember, normally we let the apples grow and then rot away and the birds have a good feed. occaisionally we use some of the apples in crumbles etc but now the trees have got some sort of infestation or something which is causing white cotton wool ball looking things on the trunk and the branches. is anyone able to tell me what these are and/or if they are treatable.

wurzelgummidge

greengardener wrote:I have had apple trees in my garden for as long as I can remember, normally we let the apples grow and then rot away and the birds have a good feed. occaisionally we use some of the apples in crumbles etc but now the trees have got some sort of infestation or something which is causing white cotton wool ball looking things on the trunk and the branches. is anyone able to tell me what these are and/or if they are treatable.
it looks like its wooly aphid, and can be treated with soapy water if you don't like the chemical approach,or a greenfly/blackfly treatment.

Return to “Apple Topics”