Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Re: Cow attacked apple tree

STEER ROAST!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!

I seem to remember someone saying something about latex paint or elders glue or something like that....

JONA
Greener Thumb

Keep it taped tightly Marlingardener...don't let air into it as this would dry it up. Sealing with a grafting wax would help too.
There's always a chance that it will seal up just as any graft would do.
Trees can heal very well if they are healthy.
If it should fail then just keep the wound clean by painting with a good quality sealing compound. The edges will callous over and although there may be a permenant crack in the trunk the tree should grow on ok.

applestar
Mod

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

SALT! Let's do this thang!

JONA
Greener Thumb

Just tape it and see........good luck with the roast...gg

Taiji
Greener Thumb
Location: Gardening in western U.P. of MI. 46+ N. lat. elev 1540. zone 3; state bird: mosquito

Ugh. I feel your pain. Reminds me of when we lived in Michigan years ago. The neighbors' cattle got out periodically or all the time; whichever came first. They came over and tromped thru our planted garden so many times. My mom would go in the house and cry. The farmer who owned the cattle was a big, jolly sort of a guy. He would just say, if they come over again, you just shoot 'em. Of course, we never did. (and I'm talking a large number of cows)!

sweetiepie
Green Thumb

Deer try to eat any of my trees, including evergreens. Even my dog will eat fruit trees and I have heard of cats too. I got tired of it and fence off my whole tiny orchard with poultry netting. If it ever gets fruit then I can fight off the bugs and birds. The deer ate the tops right off my apple trees 3 years ago and it is stunted and slow to grow. I feel your pain.

JONA
Greener Thumb

Thanks Marling
Figure the air fare might be a bit high for just a barbie though.!

Return to “Apple Topics”