Buddy
Newly Registered

Dwarf Pink Lady Apple Tree (Pinkerbelle)

Hi
I'm new to the forum, but not so new to gardening. I love it :D , but I am new at growing dwarf fruit trees in pots. At present I am growing 2 dwarf pink lady apple trees. One seems to be going just fine, but the other has turned up leaves and looking rather like it is short of water. This cant be tho as it is watered as regularly as the other tree. Any ideas on what might be the problem?? :(

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Welcome to the forum! :)

Is there any chance something has interfered with the water drainage from the container of the tree that isn't doing well, causing the soil at the bottom of the container to become waterlogged? Overwatering and underwatering can display the same symptoms, as I'm sure you know if you've grown other plants in containers. :)

Buddy
Newly Registered

Thankyou, I will endeavour to tip the barrel on it's side. A chore I will need some help with. I must say I am used to gardening but not so much in pots and never a fruit tree in a wine barrel. I appreciate your help, once again thankyou. :D

JONA878
Greener Thumb

If the barrels that heavy Buddy then just drill a small test hole a couple inches from the bottom. If water runs out.....that's the problem.

Return to “Apple Topics”