Sunflower7

Mini apple trees

What is your opinion on mini apple trees?
Does anybody have experience of ordering from Raintree nursery?
This company has many different kinds of mini apple trees for sale and people who have limited space can have these tiny apple trees.

JONA878
Greener Thumb

Afraid that livibg over here I have no knowledge of that nursery sunflower.
As to the mini apple trees.
The trees in the advert are all on M27 which is the most dwarfing of all the rootstocks.
Grown like they were doing there they are known as step-over trees here.
Very easy to do and they make a superb edge to any veg patch in a garedn or as a very low devider between two areas.
They are best started as maiden trees ( 1 yr olds ) then they are easy to train. If you buy older ones then you may have to have ones that the training has alreadty been started and pay a higher price as a result.
The easiest varieties are those that spur naturaly....try to avoid the triploid types as they can be a lot more vigorous in their growth and need more careful handling.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Sunflower7,

Those are fun little trees, but I rank them up there with toy dogs, bonsai, topiary. It's a matter of life style, that's not for me. :wink:

Raintree Nursery is a good nursery. I have purchased over a hundred plants from them.

Shipped trees are usually cut back some to fit in the boxes, so buying locally maybe better.

Eric

wordwiz
Green Thumb

Sunflower,

I have not ordered from Raintree but I very well may! I want to start about ten trees, 2 each of sweet and tart cherries, apples, peaches and apricots. They're pricier than some other sites but the trees are 2-3 times as tall and seem to be on better rootstock - at least RT makes it a point to name the rootstock and promote it.

Mike

Return to “Apple Topics”