viceversa
Newly Registered

Clementine Orange tree wilting / not doing so well

I purchased a "premium" Clementine Orange Tree from fourwindgrower and they arrived wilted and strugging.

I watered it, placed it in the shade and waited a week with no signs of recovering. I decided to go ahead and plant it in soil with a mix if my native sandy soil and some organic potting soil made for Citrus trees.

2 weeks go by and again, no signs of recovering. Leaves are wilted, some are turning yellow.

This "premium" tree from fourwindgrower is also very small. Maybe knee high. Premium my ***.

I contacted fourwindgrowers and they requested a photo. I sent it to them on Monday and have yet to hear from them.

This was taken last week. So far, I had this tree for about a month.

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

The soil around your tree looks quite dry. Have you checked the root zone to see if the soil is dry?

imafan26
Mod

When you received it wilting, did you try rehydrating it in a bucket of water?
Potted citrus needs to be watered almost every day, especially if they are in small pots and are mostly roots. It may have been in transit a while longer than it should have been

I would have kept it in partial shade awhile and given it time to come back before planting it out.

Once citrus go past a certain point of wilting they don't recover very well. The ones that do, usually recover within an hour after being rehydrated.

Return to “Orange Tree Growing Topics”