tigerinaboat
Newly Registered

Possible to Plant a Grapevine from the Produce?

Would I be able to get anything if I rooted the vine I get in the bag of grapes from produce?

applestar
Mod

Purely theoretically -- it's most likely that the bag of grapes only contain stems of the fruit cluster, which I don't think will root and grow. BUT, IF the attachment of the fruit cluster included even a bit of the main vine (a hammer shape or even a shaved sliver) and IF it hadn't dried out (not a very likely scenario) AND if you were successful in rooting it, there might be a chance of growing it.

I think in terms of growing grape vine from store bought grapes, there is a better chance of growing grape vines from the seeds. But whether that will grow into healthy vines that produce fruits is another matter.

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Seedless fruit grow fruitless plants. Well actually the don't grow any plants...

Grapes with seeds do grow new plants. If you need the top 1% of sugar production in your next vinage. This may not be the way to get there from here.

ReptileAddiction
Greener Thumb

tigerinaboat wrote:Would I be able to get anything if I rooted the vine I get in the bag of grapes from produce?
I have never seen grapes with any of the "vine" when you buy grapes. Like applestar said they just have the stem that holds the grapes. These do not have buds. You can do whatever you want with them but you will not get a plant. If you want a grape vine just spend the $5.00 and buy one. I guarantee you will be much happier.

Return to “Grapes - How to Grow Grapes”